The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He’s my MP , shame he wasn’t so keen to rebel on issues before  ... his stock  answer was I’d have to resign from cabinet in order to vote against the government and I’m not prepared to do so .

sounds like he won’t be my MP for much longer though 

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

Apparently, though, it may not be relevant:

It's Phillip Hammond, I don't really care past the I like Tory infighting and pass the popcorn phase

Either way it's going to be an interesting side distraction

You'd have to think that his local party reselected him yesterday and this "rebellion" was in full view, they must have taken that into account What would the Tory Party do if they deselected him and the local party re-selected him?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's Phillip Hammond, I don't really care past the I like Tory infighting and pass the popcorn phase

You'd have to think that his local party reselected him yesterday and this "rebellion" was in full view, they must have taken that into account What would the Tory Party do if they deselected him and the local party re-selected him?

From the noises he is still going to fit a) being the tory rep; and b) likely to stand in any event. 

Whilst a couple have already announced they are standing down, it is going to get messy if they try force more out. I did find it amusing, that the BBC Radio 5 Live presenter today basically grilled Raab pointing out that the government themselves are the cause of losing their majority if they kick out the rebels. 

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think the subsequent posts from Wallace suggested that it would be like trying to select a non-member as the candidate and that:

I agree with you about the Tory infighting..

I do think that it's a real problem for the Tories that a non-member (Cummings) seems to be not only trying to run Government policy but also trying to run the internal Tory party.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

Â