The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

6 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Are these genuinely some of the worst politicians we have ever had, or have my eyes got more open with age?

Both.

Hands down the worst, most incompetent collection of MPs to grace a parliament But age also opens your eyes to it so some of the previous ones weren't as good as you thought they were

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, bickster said:

Both.

Hands down the worst, most incompetent collection of MPs to grace a parliament But age also opens your eyes to it so some of the previous ones weren't as good as you thought they were

It's not just that they're incompetent. They're cowards acting in a very narrow self and party interest. That's worse than incompetence, it's full on negligence.

Cameron started the whole thing by calling a referendum that only the tory party actually needed to have. You can go back even further tbh, to the coalition government that introduced the FTPA that has basically **** up the parliamentary rules in order to ensure that they were more difficult to bring down. Complete disregard for the best interests of the country in favour of a narrow tory interest 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, cyrusr said:

One of the frustrating things is that back in March, one of the votes was to force the government to go back to parliament before no deal runs out, yet they couldn’t agree on that either. They literally voted against themselves having control of the process.

The UK is also, in general, being far too insular about this. A deal requires the EU's consent, and the feasibility of various demands is almost never discussed in the British press.

It's like Dean Smith puts in a bid of 75p for Saido Berahino. Brentford say no, thank you, but 20 million and not a penny less. The AVFC board make clear they won't pay it. Dean goes back to Brentford "Look I know you said 20 million but I've asked my boss and they've said no. Three times. Can't happen." Brentford: "All right Deano but that doesn't work for us, we'll have to go our separate ways, best of luck." Dean: "No, wait, the board also took No Deal off the table." Brentford: "Errr...."

2 minutes ago, Enda said:

It's like Dean Smith puts in a bid of 75p for Saido Berahino. Brentford say no, thank you, but 20 million and not a penny less. 

Brentford would be being pretty unreasonable given he's not their player to sell!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Enda said:

The UK is also, in general, being far too insular about this. A deal requires the EU's consent, and the feasibility of various demands is almost never discussed in the British press.

It's like Dean Smith puts in a bid of 75p for Saido Berahino. Brentford say no, thank you, but 20 million and not a penny less. The AVFC board make clear they won't pay it. Dean goes back to Brentford "Look I know you said 20 million but I've asked my boss and they've said no. Three times. Can't happen." Brentford: "All right Deano but that doesn't work for us, we'll have to go our separate ways, best of luck." Dean: "No, wait, the board also took No Deal off the table." Brentford: "Errr...."

Where the analogy falls down...as it always does when people compare this negotiation to a simple bartering exercise is that when you walk away from a transaction you return to the status quo. You're no worse off than you were when you started. That's not true for either side in this negotiation. Walking away is far worse for us than it is for them. 

Just now, desensitized43 said:

Where the analogy falls down...as it always does when people compare this negotiation to a simple bartering exercise is that when you walk away from a transaction you return to the status quo. You're no worse off than you were when you started. That's not true for either side in this negotiation. Walking away is far worse for us than it is for them. 

Think it broke down when the EU offered us a Stoke player to be honest.

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Enda said:

Think it broke down when the EU offered us a Stoke player to be honest.

Sorry to be *that* guy, but still no - he's left them and is apparently on his way to Zulte Waregem in Belgium.

2 minutes ago, welnik said:

Hmm, some more random made up shit, but it fits the narrative so it's OK 

Suggest you read article, it has quotes from the spitting puppets mouth. Are you also now claiming that The Thunderer is Anti-Brexit?

See it's ok to claim things are fake news except when they aren't

26 minutes ago, welnik said:

Hmm, some more random made up shit, but it fits the narrative so it's OK 

It has quotes from the guy so how can it be made up? Come on, we're all interested why after all this time you still can't see that the emperor has no clothes. 

• Like 1

Looks like I forgot the golden rule ..... It's only click bait when it's the Mail. 

Information leaked, sources say......... All that jazz. Newspaper trying to get clicks, what a shock!

Â