The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

On 27/07/2019 at 14:48, peterms said:

Is this meant as a metaphor for our approach to Brexit under Johnson?

its been confirmed no clowns were involved  and those with Coulrophobia need fear no more 

Maybe it’s a metaphor after all :) 

Vauxhall have announced they could move production of the Astra if Brexit makes it unprofitable.

I'm sure that's another one of those coincidences though. 

14 minutes ago, ChrisVillan said:

Diesel. 

Reckon my employers will up sticks.

Many of our services are geo-locked and linked to bank accounts based in the relevant territories.

Two teams have already been relocated to the continent.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Vauxhall have announced they could move production of the Astra if Brexit makes it unprofitable.

I'm sure that's another one of those coincidences though. 

Haha 😂 Vauxhall, a company that has failed to make a profit in 19 of the last 20 years...yeah Brexit, definitely the main problem at that company. 

15 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Haha 😂 Vauxhall, a company that has failed to make a profit in 19 of the last 20 years...yeah Brexit, definitely the main problem at that company. 

Must be one of them coincidences then. Despite them explicitly stating the decision would be dependant on Brexit.

A lot of those knocking about.

32 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Well, if they're already having difficulties then a Government choosing to erect barriers to make things even harder for them is going to be a pretty big problem, isn't it?

If I have a twisted ankle then I'm unlikely to be running a marathon anytime soon, but somebody who has just run over my other foot in their car can't really blame my immobility on my already twisted ankle.

• Like 4

I just found the use of profitability funny when used in conjunction with Vauxhall. Of course their position is perfectly fair, IF Brexit leads to a RETURN to unprofitably (although their only profitable year in the last 20 came post Brexit decision)  a company is more than entitled to try to do something about it. Maybe somebody should ask what they intend to do if the imminent post no-deal collapse of the pound leads to a massive reduction in production costs for the UK plants compared to those in Europe, what are they going to do then? 

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Reckon my employers will up sticks.

Many of our services are geo-locked and linked to bank accounts based in the relevant territories.

Two teams have already been relocated to the continent.

crylaugh emoji xann's employers yeah brexit is the problem lol 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

As someone who doesn't work in the car industry, but does eat a fair amount of food, I feel like I'm going to be on the losing end of a sudden collapse in the value of the pound. 

There's always cake

Â