The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Bercow has just gone in dry on the government. Refused to allow a third vote on the desk unless it significantly changes.

Given that it isn't going to change any time soon, it'you have to suspect the argument is going to be made that the situation changing (i.e. time running out) is enough to see it come back.

Taking back control

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Bercow has just gone in dry on the government. Refused to allow a third vote on the deal unless it significantly changes.

Given that it isn't going to change any time soon, it'you have to suspect the argument is going to be made that the situation changing (i.e. time running out) is enough to see it come back.

Popcorn.gif

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Bercow has just gone in dry on the government. Refused to allow a third vote on the deal unless it significantly changes.

Wow. That's explosive it really it. Bercow has just nuked May's entire 2 and half year negotiation...well played, sir. Well played.

9 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Wow. That's explosive it really it. Bercow has just nuked May's entire 2 and half year negotiation...well played, sir. Well played.

Yes, I think it's good. He's stopped May's objective, which was to keep running down the clock, keep bringing back the same thing so that at the last minute MPs have no choice (because No deal is so diabolical). Now, May has to do something other than time-waste. So he's effectively trying to electro-shock her into actual action. Best of luck with that Bercs.

Interesting that some of the throbbers are commending Brcow for doing it - I guess they think it will result in either throbber-Nirvana, or at least the end of May's terrible deal.

30 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Not at all sure how I feel about this. 

Certainly increases the chances of a GE, to follow on from the earlier conversation. 

EDIT: Basically three options now? No Deal / Revoke Article 50 / Beg for an extension and (probably?) have either referendum or GE or both

Edited by HanoiVillan

10 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yes, I think it's good. He's stopped May's objective, which was to keep running down the clock, keep bringing back the same thing so that at the last minute MPs have no choice (because No deal is so diabolical). Now, May has to do something other than time-waste. So he's effectively trying to electro-shock her into actual action. Best of luck with that Bercs.

Interesting that some of the throbbers are commending Brcow for doing it - I guess they think it will result in either throbber-Nirvana, or at least the end of May's terrible deal.

Well the throbbers only objective since the referendum has been to engineer a complete "no-deal" severence from all EU institutions. They're rightly celebrating that as that scenario is closer today than it has previously been. The Remain/Ref2 side are happy because that's closer today than it has been at any time.

The only people unhappy about this are the ones wedded to May's deal...I can live with that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Certainly increases the chances of a GE, to follow on from the earlier conversation. 

EDIT: Basically three options now? No Deal / Revoke Article 50 / Beg for an extension and (probably?) have either referendum or GE or both

What about an actual cross party thing - "right what can we agree to?" Say for example May were to (she won't) say to the absolute Corbz4PMboy "you know what Jezmeister, I think a customs Union gubbins might be just the thing, whaddyasay we do that?" - then she goes back to the EU and says "can we do an extend so we can rework it to stay in the Customs Union?"

or something? nah, me neither, but you never know...i.e. I think the most feasible outcome based on the Maths is a soft Brexit. No deal and now, because of Bercow May's version are just not viable outcomes (in my opinion).

1 minute ago, blandy said:

What about an actual cross party thing - "right what can we agree to?" Say for example May were to (she won't) say to the absolute Corbz4PMboy "you know what Jezmeister, I think a customs Union gubbins might be just the thing, whaddyasay we do that?" - then she goes back to the EU and says "can we do an extend so we can rework it to stay in the Customs Union?"

or something? nah, me neither, but you never know...i.e. I think the most feasible outcome based on the Maths is a soft Brexit. No deal and now, because of Bercow May's version are just not viable outcomes (in my opinion).

No way. Ending FoM is her wet dream. She won’t give it up. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

By "their deal" do you mean the thing that they say they want, or the thing that they would actually be able to negotiate?

that was another if! 

theres no indication that the EU would even entertain corbyns deal, in fact theres more suggestion that they wont

Â