The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's horrifyingly close. I thought this one would be a whitewash.

this is a vote on the amendment to the later vote, right?

highly confused 

edit: never mind, get it.

Edited by a m ole

So, we're back to May's deal, a referendum or a general election.

Does this mean May has to go and ask for more time, and if she does, will the EU demand a referendum or election before they'll agree to that?

I suspect we might be down to revoking article 50 or a No Deal no one wants.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

or a general election.

Not sure why you think that's going to stop this process. There are certainly no Guarantees, the EU would have to be certain that one of the two main parties (thats Corbyn's Labout to all intents) were going to campaign to remain. I really don't think a GE will get an extension

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not sure why you think that's going to stop this process. There are certainly no Guarantees, the EU would have to be certain that one of the two main parties (thats Corbyn's Labout to all intents) were going to campaign to remain. I really don't think a GE will get an extension

I think they'd go for it on the likelihood that any new leader on either side would call a referendum. 

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I think they'd go for it on the likelihood that any new leader on either side would call a referendum. 

What new leaders?, this has to happen in the next two weeks or we're out

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

What new leaders?, this has to happen in the next two weeks or we're out

The decision to have an election? 

The election itself wouldn't need to happen for an extension.

The EU have already said they'd extend if there were a major change at our end.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

The decision to have an election? 

The election itself wouldn't need to happen.

Where are the new leaders coming from in under two weeks? To show the EU that remain could be an option. We're well past the point that this can happen

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Where are the new leaders coming from in under two weeks? To show the EU that remain could be an option. We're well past the point that this can happen

If May resigned, I'm guessing that would be enough of a trigger for the EU to put forward an extension. An election could follow that.

I'm of the understanding that for a major change, the EU would delay until we were back to the table with a position?

Â