The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Just now, villa4europe said:

not a clue who he is (so im waiting for someone to tell me he's a typical tory pantomime villain) but dominic grieve talking a near stupid amount of sense on sky news

He's a former Attorney General who has been converted in to a Tory rebel (very much out of character) by the whole Brexit thing. He is a QC. He is a remainer but he does try and offer very considered and legally expert comment on matters that they've been discussing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

not a clue who he is (so im waiting for someone to tell me he's a typical tory pantomime villain) but dominic grieve talking a near stupid amount of sense on sky news

You really need to wait to be told , this is VT it will be a given he’s Vile , odious and a few other less than flattering words. :) 

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

You really need to wait to be told , this is VT it will be a given he’s Vile , odious and a few other less than flattering words. :) 

I think you misread the VT house sir

13 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Would a general election suddenly see the various factions of both parties unite around a particular position and then result in a decisive enough win for one or the other to implement that position?

If not, what good does it do?

I assumed a good few more would join the breakaway Independence Party and that it might be that they could impact proceedings after a GE ?

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

It's all become about removing May more than the vote. Polititions are voting for themselves not our country

It's really not about that, it's a little more complex than that, she's everyone's useful idiot right now, however,  her usefulness is rapidly coming to an end

So assuming tomorrow MP’s reject no deal ( a given )  May goes back for an extension , the EU say no , then we are left with leaving with no deal on the 29th or cancelling Brexit ... wouldn’t be time for a public say  so it would fall to Parliament to decide in a straight choice No Deal or No Brexit ? Or is there something else ? 

Edited by tonyh29

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Most of Labour will never vote for the deal whatever it was, cause they know it means another few years of the Tories.

I think until very recently a very large amount of Labour MPs would have thrown themselves at a decent deal including the messiah himself

This was never a decent deal

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

So assuming tomorrow MP’s reject no deal ( a given )  May goes back for an extension , the EU say no , then we are left with leaving with no deal on the 29th or cancelling Brexit ... wouldn’t be time for a public say  so it would fall to Parliament to decide in a straight choice No Deal or No Brexit ? Or is there something else ? 

If they called for a 2nd referendum before March 29th no matter when it was organised for, then I think we can be pretty confident, an extension would be granted

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Most of Labour will never vote for the deal whatever it was, cause they know it means another few years of the Tories.

The reason the vast majority of people are voting against the deal is because it's a **** terrible deal

• Like 2

Just now, bickster said:

If they called for a 2nd referendum before March 29th no matter when it was organised for, then I think we can be pretty confident, an extension would be granted

If you were the EU , why run the risk of a second ref potentially  still returning a leave vote and going through the process all over again 

But , I guess you could say why risk that it wouldn’t be No deal that Parliament went with of the 2 options 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The reason the vast majority of people are voting against the deal is because it's a **** terrible deal

Everyone got so fixated on the backstop they seem to have overlooked that very valid point 

Just now, tonyh29 said:

If you were the EU , why run the risk of a second ref potentially  still returning a leave vote and going through the process all over again 

But , I guess you could say why risk that it wouldn’t be No deal that Parliament went with of the 2 options 

The EU have already said this many times, they'd much prefer the chance to keep us in

• Like 1

Â