The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

36 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

She lost by 230 last time and 11 Tory's have said they'll switch to for + the vile creature that is Caroline Flint.

So far I'm closest in the range 210-230 :mrgreen:

Last count I saw said 17 or so Tories were going to switch from not supporting to supporting the deal. The DUP have said they will not vote to support it, so that means there is no majority surely. Possibly only a slightly less dramatic defeat than last time....

Some more interesting stuff in the testy exchanges at the end of the debate about binning any WA that they come up with.

Rees-Mogg asked for clarification about Vienna Conventions Article 62 whi apparently Cox has opined about earlier on today (but after his performance in the House) and Barclay's comments seemed to suggest that this was a way out of things if circumstances had materially changed from when the UK gave its consent to the treaty.

Grieve's intervention called this a 'rather apocalyptic' interpretation given that this would bin the whole treaty not just extricate the UK from the backstop.

A further hint as to what may well rear its head down the line if an ERGer (or someone more led by them) is in charge of a Conservative government in the future and if we are in any sort of transition/implementation period with a deal.

Edited by snowychap

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

so presumably an extension of article 50 next

You've got to laugh. We've made approximately 0 progress in 2 years. Another few months will surely sort it out.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

so presumably an extension of article 50 next

which seems pointless without a GE

Would a general election suddenly see the various factions of both parties unite around a particular position and then result in a decisive enough win for one or the other to implement that position?

If not, what good does it do?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Closest! Out by 5. I'll still take my internet points or a 3D spoon ( but not a wether spoon ). 

Roll on extension time. About 45 years will do thanks.

You win a seat in the gallery for Meaningful Vote #3 in a fortnight. :)

Edited by snowychap

Â