The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

The Britain doesn't care about Northern Ireland, and Westminster certainly doesn't.  For Brexiteers it's an irritating bump in the road they'd happily speed over at full throttle for their 'prize'.

Edited by Chindie

19 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

I've been struggling to find a single positive about Brexit. Genuinely, I'd love someone to tell me one (remainer or leaver) that is at least a crumb of comfort.

90% of our lettuce comes from the EU - No lettuce is the only positive I've managed to find in all this time

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Interesting to note that the much-mocked ferry people say that work is progressing and on schedule:

So let's get this straight. The Port needs dredging, this dredging hadn't started (or indeed been commissioned) on Jan 3rd 2019. The company is paying for the dredging and they could only do this with the money the government gave (sorry invested) to them. There has apparently been no due diligence done on the port project (as of Jan 3rd anyway) but now we're expected to believe that it's almost done, exactly one month later

I'm calling horse shit on that one

Maybe an aside, maybe not...

Tetley's tea over here in the US used to always have a cup of tea on a saucer on the front of the box, in union jack colors. They've just redesigned and all they've done is disappear ol' brittania, and now it's a plain good ol' white China cup.

15 hours ago, bickster said:

So let's get this straight. The Port needs dredging, this dredging hadn't started (or indeed been commissioned) on Jan 3rd 2019. The company is paying for the dredging and they could only do this with the money the government gave (sorry invested) to them. There has apparently been no due diligence done on the port project (as of Jan 3rd anyway) but now we're expected to believe that it's almost done, exactly one month later

I'm calling horse shit on that one

Oh Bicks.....

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is it? Reading their tweets, it's a very boring spoof that spends a lot of time saying what the weather is and advertising job vacancies. 

The weather stuff seems to be an extended reference to the chances of dredging in bad weather, and the vacancies (including for "contract negotiators" I take to be a comment on unpreparedness.  The name of the firm is misspelled (though oddly there does really seem to be another company called "Seabourne Group" which does freight).

See tweets like these:

Edited by peterms

19 minutes ago, peterms said:

The weather stuff seems to be an extended reference to the chances of dredging in bad weather, and the vacancies (including for "contract negotiators" I take to be a comment on unpreparedness.  The name of the firm is misspelled (though oddly there does really seem to be another company called "Seabourne Group" which does freight).

See tweets like these:

They explain the name issue like so . . . 

. . . which is just dumb enough that it might be the truth. It just doesn't have the feel of a spoof account; they're not jokes, nobody's retweeting any of it, it's not making clever (or 'clever') points at anyone's expense. 

26 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

They explain the name issue like so . . . 

. . . which is just dumb enough that it might be the truth. It just doesn't have the feel of a spoof account; they're not jokes, nobody's retweeting any of it, it's not making clever (or 'clever') points at anyone's expense. 

It's a really, really bad spoof account, because it's not funny, or cutting, or particularly clear in its nature. Or it's a really, really bad real one, which is just shit enough to appear to be fake.

Regardless, it's an absurd situation that anyone would even consider the plan even vaguely viable.

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

Maybe you should tell the government :mrgreen:

We all know they already know. The detail isn't important, it's the paper thin look of the thing and how much it been benefits the future prospects of the government and wider Tory party that matters. See every other insane story coming out of Whitehall, Williamson poking the jingoistic petty nationalist buttons of using navy assets to replace ferries for instance. None of it stands up to a second's examination, but it doesn't matter. 

Even when reality is staring it in the face. Nissan, despite being given shifty assurances months ago, turn away from the UK, openly pointing the finger at Brexit. Oh no, the charlatans and liars tell us, it's not Brexit, it's this. Or it's that. Not this thing I've tied myself to. The company is lying, looking for an easy excuse. The slightly less disingenuous ones will utter the even more galling in many ways 'there was always going to be some pain', or 'it'll do is good to have some hard times' (!?).

The entire thing is infuriating.

When it all ends, in years and years, there should be severe repercussions. 

• Like 1

Â