The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

And now, for more of our regularly scheduled programming:

Boris Johnson's Brexit deal will leave the UK £70bn worse off than if it had remained in the EU, a study by the National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) has found.

It concluded that GDP would be 3.5% lower in 10 years' time under the deal.

The independent forecaster's outlook is one of the first assessments of how the economy will fare under the new deal.

But the Treasury said it plans on a 'more ambitious' agreement with the EU than 'NIESR is basing its findings on'.

A spokesman said: "We are aiming to negotiate a comprehensive free trade agreement with the European Union, which is more ambitious than the standard free trade deal that NIESR has based its findings on."

NIESR said approval of the prime minister's deal "would reduce the risk of a disorderly outcome, but eliminate the possibility of a closer trading relationship with the EU".

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50219036

22 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

That isn't what's happening and you know that.

I am explaining what tactical voting is, with no success.

I am voting Lib Dem more than likely, so why would I patronise and ridicule him for voting the same way as me?

I know what tactical voting is. "Your with no success" line is implying im dumb. Your coming across a tad bit patrronising stefan because I disagree with views on you. You might mot mean to be but you are.

I'm happy to engage in debate in a constructive manner.  

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I know what tactical voting is. "Your with no success" line is implying im dumb. Your coming across a tad bit patrronising stefan because I disagree with views on you. You might mot mean to be but you are.

I'm happy to engage in debate in a constructive manner.  

You keep replying as if you don't understand a word I'm saying. 

It's nothing to do with what Corbyn's opinion on Brexit is vs the Lib Dems. It's solely about keeping Tories out.

Your total focus on Corbyn is blinding you.

I asked you the same question twice and both times you ignored it.

Which is more important to you? Your anti-Corbyn view or your view as a Remainer.

Remainer = tactical vote

Anti-Corbyn = Policy vote (which again your understanding of is lacking because you keep saying a vote for Corbyn is a vote for leaving, even though labour policy is to Remain/2nd ref)

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, avfcDJ said:

Looks like the best vote for me here, to get rid of Tories, is Green.

That's what I will do.

I would have chosen Labour or Lib Dems for the same reason.

Getting rid of Tories is the most important thing. 

Intrigued as to where you are if Greens are the option to get rid of the Tories?! 

Mine is Labour, but given it is Labour Majority of approximately 7,000 that doesn't surprise me. Will probably still vote Greens even though it is irrelevant. I suspect that Brexit Party will likely cause more damage to Tories and Labour in the area.

I also suspect that actually the impact of the Brexit Party will be significant. Whilst I suspect they will get little to no seats, I can see them taking a lot of votes from both main parties. The key will be how well both of those parties keep their voters happy. Corbyn has done the Labour Party no favours since 2017 election and unless he can pull it out of the bag again, I can see a lot of voters being turned off by him and going elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

That isn't what's happening and you know that.

I am explaining what tactical voting is, with no success.

I am voting Lib Dem more than likely, so why would I patronise and ridicule him for voting the same way as me?

Surprised by that mate.   Thought you would have gone for the tactical vote?

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Surprised by that mate.   Thought you would have gone for the tactical vote?

It is the tactical vote for my constituency.

Voting tactically doesn't mean VOTE LABOUR. 

It means voting the best chance to beat the Tories.

Didn't I explain this 2 or 3 times already?

• Thanks 1

Â