The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I caught a bit of 5Live on the way to work this morning. They were doing a piece about how the north of England across the M62 will be key area's for marginal seats. They interviewed 3 or 4 people in this segment and when asked who he'd vote for one of them said "I'll vote for who I want, I just want them out". Reporter, who do you want out? "Them, I want them out, them lot who come over here and take all of our jobs".

I can't believe that people are still that stupid.

Go ride a bus for an hour, any bus in any town - then come back and say you can't believe people are that stupid.

(apologies to anyone who has to use public transport, didn't mean to stigmatise everyone but bus rides tend to be a real eye-opener these days I think)

Saw this, made me chuckle.

The year is 2192, the British Prime Minister visits Brussels to ask for an extension of the Brexit deadline. No one remembers where this tradition originated but every year it attracts many tourists from all over the world

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Enfield? Conservative-for-60-of-the-last-70-years Enfield? Only-taken-from-the-Conservatives-in-2017-following-twelve-years-of-Tory-MP Enfield?

I mean, it's  your vote n' all. And I'm all for more people voting for the Lib Dems. And voting with their conscience. 

But mate, yours is the precise type of constituency where Conservative election planners are hoping that you do exactly what you are planning to do. It's their only path to a majority. 

In 2017 Labour got 25,000 votes, the Tories 20,000. The Lib Dems 2,000. The only way a Tory majority happens if dozens of Enfields turn that split into 13,000 each with the Tories coming through the middle. 

Joan Ryan has won near enough every time she has been up for election in this area since I been here.

I'm not giving labour under Corbyn under any circumstances. My vote is lib dems. Alot to people in this area are doing the same as they want to reverse brexit

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Joan Ryan has won near enough every time she has been up for election in this area since I been here.

I'm not giving labour under Corbyn under any circumstances. My vote is lib dems. Alot to people in this area are doing the same as they want to reverse brexit

Ah, so Enfield North. Maybe you're right, and a lot of people are planning to vote Lib Dem. Since they finished more than 27,000 votes behind Labour last time, they'll need to. 

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Apologies, I was on about the other Enfield (where Charalambous Charalambous is the MP).

All the same stuff as before stands though (as HV says). But go for it, do what you think is right.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Good man. Don't be influenced by the #VoteTactically bull shit. That's basically a softer way of getting Labour in. 

2 minutes ago, MCU said:

Good man. Don't be influenced by the #VoteTactically bull shit. That's basically a softer way of getting Labour in. 

The big tactical vote in this election is likely to return less Labour MPs not more

3 minutes ago, MCU said:

It's a way of ensuring the Tories don't get in again and continue the destructive path they've carved for the last 9 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Apologies, I was on about the other Enfield (where Charalambous Charalambous is the MP).

All the same stuff as before stands though (as HV says). But go for it, do what you think is right.

Yeah that comes under palmers green area which is Enfield.  It is abit confusing to be fair.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Let's let Corbyn do it instead.

Not sure on the relevancy of this.

I strongly dislike Corbyn but your response makes no sense and is just Corbyn bashing for the sake of it.

You need to assess what your priority is here.

Is your identity more strongly, Remainer or Anti-Corbyn. Would you rather be in the EU with Corbyn as PM, or out of it with Johnson.

And vote accordingly.

Daily reminder that we would have left by now if the ERG had voted for TM's deal rather than say 'it isn't the Brexit we want'.

Funny how 'Leave means Leave' for everyone, other than Tories.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Not sure on the relevancy of this.

I strongly dislike Corbyn but your response makes no sense and is just Corbyn bashing for the sake of it.

You need to assess what your priority is here.

Is your identity more strongly, Remainer or Anti-Corbyn. Would you rather be in the EU with Corbyn as PM, or out of it with Johnson.

And vote accordingly.

Because whether it's Johnson or Corbyn either one will destroy the country. So in other words we are screwed.

Only hope is the liberals get a strong showing and they can get a big say what happens next. I find myself agreeing more with what the liberals say with regards to brexit than the other two clowns.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Because whether it's Johnson or Corbyn either one will destroy the country. So in other words we are screwed.

Only hope is the liberals get a strong showing and they can get a big say what happens next. I find myself agreeing more with what the liberals say with regards to brexit than the other two clowns.

I'll repeat:

Is your identity more strongly, Remainer or Anti-Corbyn? Would you rather be in the EU with Corbyn as PM, or out of it with Johnson?

And vote accordingly.

If the answer is 'Remainer' then you have to hold your nose and vote tactically.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Â