The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

th?id=OIP.NBnjguRW41YIuizjtmVCpgHaEQ%26p

I also have no idea what hippies have to do with leftists, hippies are the original neo-liberals

I guess that in order to have a proper conversation on this we would have to pin point and understand what we mean by "left" and "liberal".

It's way to big of a debate (and not for this topic) so let's agree to disagree.

I'll give you that I made a sweeping generalisation, but it is my observation that the left leaning idealists usually ease off on the equality and class struggle once they get older.

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

I don't know a single person that can be said about and I know many people on the left and have done for decades. NOT ONE

My experience is opposite, so again, we use anecdotal evidence (at least I do). Let's agree to disagree.

42 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

The best choice to beat the Tory in my 

42 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

The best choice to beat the Tory in my constituency

I'm.voting liberal democrats. Only party promising to revoke brexit.

It's going to be pointless as my area is a Labour safe seat.

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm.voting liberal democrats. Only party promising to revoke brexit.

It's going to be pointless as my area is a Labour safe seat.

Not pointless. Which constituency?

Edit: I'm not trying to narrow down where you live, Dem. :)

Edited by snowychap

16 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

A GE still doesn't solve anything.

You'd think a decent majority for either party would make it a lot easier.  A hung parliament again would be pretty disastrous.  It's partly why I think a second ref would be a safer bet, plus I think GE should be about more than one issue.

My constituency Horsham voted remain but is a big Tory seat.  Lib Dems usually come a distant 2nd but actually got beaten by Labour in 2017 iirc but I'm pretty sure the Corbyn novelty factor has well and truly died off so Lib Dems will be the best option.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What’s the point of a general election again?

We need to know exactly how the people feel about Brexit, so we can wrap that up with a whole load of other local and national issues and get a definitive answer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What’s the point of a general election again?

Just to get a majority in parliament to get legislation through a lot easier, even if they have some rebel MPs.  Also if they have run on a certain policy over Brexit then they should have a clear mandate to put it in place.

• Thanks 1

Â