The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

There's nothing incorrect about them, they don't have a leaving date on them as far as I remember. They were made with the very first leaving date in mind, they've been minted for absolutely ages, they just aren't being put into circulation yet.

So Javid as I said was talking bollocks no poduction has been halted

I've read plenty of articles (including pro-Brexit media) saying that they stated October 31st.  This hot on the heels of the original ones that were dated March 29th...

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I've read plenty of articles (including pro-Brexit media) saying that they stated October 31st.  This hot on the heels of the original ones that were dated March 29th...

So they do, even better, they'll have to melt them down again

• Like 1

How can it be completely removed? Under what circumstance is that even possible?

Even if UK passed every bit of legislation possible, it takes two to tango. It's still dependant on EU. 

(Unless we were to remain if EU did not grant a deal)

There is no option for it to be "completely off" otherwise.

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

They never actually made the March 29 ones did they? I think the extension came in good time and it was only going to be a small run of coins meant for collecting rather than general circulation?

This time however it was a much bigger order put in so there will be thousands of coins produced already. 

8 hours ago, Mic09 said:

How can it be completely removed? Under what circumstance is that even possible?

Even if UK passed every bit of legislation possible, it takes two to tango. It's still dependant on EU. 

Corbyn knows he is out of a job after a GE anyway.  Even if the F******g table was removed with everything on it,  he still wont go for a GE.  He's finished and he knows it.  

Any normal Labour leader would have positioned the Party to profit from the Tory mess but no,  Corbyn has managed to find a way to make his party look worse than a Tory / Boris combo.  Saying I want something off the table that is there anyway,  Schrodinger's cat thing with a see through perspex box. 

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Even if they passed a law forbidding it at any time and had a GE, the next government (assuming a majority) could just repeal it or pass something that superseded it.

Pointless exercise. Corbyn probably wants a GE now as he's arrogant and out of touch enough to think he can win. Those around him know better which is why they're keeping him in his cage. 

18 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I wonder how much truth there is in Macron being the toughest one to get to agree to this. Media always seem to paint him as such, but he always falls in line. 

Maybe he is just trying to play the tough guy on the European scene?

43 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I wonder how much truth there is in Macron being the toughest one to get to agree to this. Media always seem to paint him as such, but he always falls in line. 

Domestic audience. France is fairly Eurosceptic.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I wonder how much truth there is in Macron being the toughest one to get to agree to this. Media always seem to paint him as such, but he always falls in line

I think the last extension being only 6 months instead of 12 was down to him wasn’t it? 

Â