The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

35 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Apparently at the ambassadors meeting there was no dissent on the end of January date that Johnson asked for.

So looks like it'll definitely be that.

Our fate decided over Ferrero Rochers.

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That is extremely amusing, but I'm confused by the article, which both claims that Bercow is standing down as an MP, and that he's returning to the backbenches. Which is it?

I don't think he's standing down as an MP but I may be wrong.

Edit: There seems to be some confusion as the reports at the time had him saying he was standing down as speaker and MP. I think, though, that was if there was a GE. If there wasn''t then he would just stand down as Speaker on Oct 31st. Again, I may be wrong.

Edited by snowychap
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I don't think he's standing down as an MP but I may be wrong.

Edit: There seems to be some confusion as the reports at the time had him saying he was standing down as speaker and MP. I think, though, that was if there was a GE. If there wasn''t then he would just stand down as Speaker on Oct 31st. Again, I may be wrong.

Thanks snowy. In that case, contra the Scum, he may become a vote for or against Boris's deal, or he might not vote at all. Presumably he wouldn't be saying any such thing until after the 31st anyway. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Thanks snowy. In that case, contra the Scum, he may become a vote for or against Boris's deal, or he might not vote at all. Presumably he wouldn't be saying any such thing until after the 31st anyway. 

I always understood that he was standing down as speaker on 31st and as an MP at the end of this parliamentary term

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

image.png.eed787f7ca44cbdad6d4508551205abf.png

Could he sound like anymore of a c***?

I recommend you don't watch parliament often. Rees Mogg plays it like a debating game where the aim is to get his upper class mates to snigger.

It's infuriating and I wouldn't blame anyone that felt the need to harm him.

• Like 1

Â