The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What a bellend. Does he not realise what a absolute bafoon he sounds like voting for something you haven't read? 

I liked your post, but didn't actually read it :)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

He's seemed to have wanted something we were never going to get.

Like what?

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

even his back benches now realise it.

Back benchers are traditionally less loyal to the leader. Do you mean 'front benches'?

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

This is one of the most astonishing political interviews I've ever witnessed.

What a cretin!

This idiot just stood up and said that voting for the programme is a vote for his 'conscious' 

They can't be that thick. They can't.

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

This idiot just stood up and said that voting for the programme is a vote for his 'conscious' 

They can't be that thick. They can't.

They can and they are. Just farce anyway. The timetable will get voted down. Government will withdraw the bill, accept the extension and seek a general election.

All it is at the moment is posturing. I just hope at least one of them starts making some damn sense soon. 

16 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Just farce anyway. The timetable will get voted down. Government will withdraw the bill, accept the extension and seek a general election.

A simillar view below but a different timetable than a 31st Jan extension:

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Our updating spreadsheeter is back at it, with predicted counts for both the Programme Motion and the Customs Union amendment. He's currently got them both to fail, the CU amendment by a smaller margin:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13ghQytueisTWtO12HXvCSyRV_LnPGlDJob8rJWLVKe8/edit#gid=437647932

Do you mean the Programme Motion to fail (i.e good) or the MPs trying to slow it down to fail (i.e bad)?

edit - and any idea how close to the final figure of 16 votes was he on Saturday?

Edited by ml1dch

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

A simillar view below but a different timetable than a 31st Jan extension:

Don't think Tories will give Labour the time to sort out their leadership. Their only chance to remain the biggest party is for Labour to keep Corbyn as leader. The EU will also only offer an extension if there is a proposed way to break the deadlock. Given the absolute refusal by the government for a 2nd referendum, we will go down to a GE, probably end of November/early December.

Even then that will end up in another hung parliament because nobody agrees on anything anymore.  It is just going to be seeing who has enough support for their side. Tories will be on their own with possible support from DUP. SNP/LD/PC/Greens will all be on the same page. Whether they can be on the same page as Labour that is going to be the key question. 

The NI picture will become significant as well, I don't know how well the DUP are polling at the moment, but it seems that they are at an abnormal high? Will they likely lose seats to the other parties? Otherwise we could be seeing the LD becoming kingmakers again... 

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Not sure how the DUP will support the Tories ever again after this week.

True, the separation of NI to the rest of the UK will always be a bad idea to them. However, if the Tories were to promise more money to NI... As per my post though, I do wonder whether the DUP will lose seats in any GE and will not be such as important force. 

Â