The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

I haven't lived in the UK for many years so couldn't vote.... Have to say, all the older expats I know would have voted Leave.

I would probably have been in the same **** moron geriatric camp. But of course it is easy to take that view if you don't have to live with the consequences. In that sense, I can understand the fears of young people. 

What I can't understand is their arrogance.  I actually saw (not here) someone saying people shouldn't have been allowed to vote (i.e. they're not intelligent enough).  That is exactly the view of the political elite who have run Europe for their own ends for a good number of years now (and whose time has probably come to an end). And it appears to be the view of a fair few on here.

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

Where are all the "leave" voters? Even if this thread it's incredibly quiet, are they all saying oh shit?

No, its because when we do try and state our case we are hit over the head with the racist/xenophobe/imbecile hammer because  you status quo/im alright jack/**** the workers and anything they've got to say, fearfilled, weak willed, hysterical fannys think you are RIGHT!! & TOTALLY RIGHT & EVERYONE ELSE IS AN IDIOT!

Just trying to balance the books a bit 

:D  

I'll pop in next week, see if you've all calmed down any...unless the world has stop turning by then

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Still in a little bit of disbelief over the whole thing to be honest.

My main issue is there's no roadmap or plan to reassure the public of what is going to happen or anyone valid to lead us through it. We're still in the dark and I expect to be for the forseeable future.

Now we're going to have a new Prime Minister to oversee this and unfortunately, he/she (please God, not Theresa the Witch May) will be elected by their own party without the consent of the public - this is one of the most important decision in Great Britain's history and I would rather have a General Election than someone forced upon us a la Gordon Brown when Blair ran away.

I have a terrible vision of both Prime Minister Johnson and President Trump shaking hands and gurning at the cameras amongst a mass of badly coiffured blonde hair.

A GE this year is too soon and we'd likely end up with the same bunch back in again with another mandate for cuts and austerity.

There needs to be some pain. Boris and the like need to hang by their own nooses for a bit and Labour need either a wider-reaching leader or a brilliant campaign team. 

People need to see the consequences of their actions and the opposition need to be ready - end of 2017, beginning of 2018 for me. 

• Like 2

Don't think the poll tells us very much.

I can just hear people saying things like, Look, 71% of he to$$ers who voted Leave believe that the internet is a force for ill.

Except that the results don't show that at all.

56 minutes ago, Genie said:

Where are all the "leave" voters? Even if this thread it's incredibly quiet, are they all saying oh shit?

I'm not saying 'oh shit' no. 

I'm looking forward buying proper incandescent light bulbs rather than the crappy energy saying things that europe insist we us. I'm also happy that my vaccum cleaners will no longer be restricted to 1600w. 

If those two things don't convince you we made the right decision nothing will :)

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'm not saying 'oh shit' no. 

I'm looking forward buying proper incandescent light bulbs rather than the crappy energy saying things that europe insist we us. I'm also happy that my vaccum cleaners will no longer be restricted to 1600w. 

If those two things don't convince you we made the right decision nothing will :)

Don't forget your bendy bananas.

12 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

I reckon Scotland and Northern Ireland will look to leave the UK now 

If NI leaves, then, it will get gobbled up by the Republic in due time. Sinn Fein will be looking to exploit the situation more or less immediately.

43 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

No, its because when we do try and state our case we are hit over the head with the racist/xenophobe/imbecile hammer because  you status quo/im alright jack/**** the workers and anything they've got to say, fearfilled, weak willed, hysterical fannys think you are RIGHT!! & TOTALLY RIGHT & EVERYONE ELSE IS AN IDIOT!

I'll pop in next week, see if you've all calmed down any...unless the world has stop turning by then

Exactly.  The Remain side have largely been a disgrace, and the main reason they've lost is their haughty disdain for anybody who disagrees with them.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

If NI leaves, then, it will get gobbled up by the Republic in due time. Sinn Fein will be looking to exploit the situation more or less immediately.

They've already started - there was a NI Sinn Fein guy on the radio today talking about that very thing.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

This

The salt levels are simply too high at the minute

Â