The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

20 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

This spreadsheet comes from a closed account on Twitter who is as reliable as anyone essentially guessing and frantically following public statements is likely to be:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13ghQytueisTWtO12HXvCSyRV_LnPGlDJob8rJWLVKe8/edit#gid=0

He's updating it all the time, but so far he has No winning by one, with Lamb voting No 🙄

Lamb isn't supporting it. 

But he's not said whether he's voting against or abstaining. 

12 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I wouldn't be switching.

I'd be having dual-nationality.

I cant

I have to be B1 in German and give up my UK nationality 

2/3 years once I've had kids and hopefully got them dual nationality and my language skills have got better I'll give it up but not now 

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I cant

I have to be B1 in German and give up my UK nationality 

2/3 years once I've had kids and hopefully got them dual nationality and my language skills have got better I'll give it up but not now 

I have B1 Polish, and I wanted to wait for marriage/kids but now I'm not sure.

Once I saw this masterpiece in the Tate Modern earlier, I couldn't resist posting its powerful imagery here:

'Title: 'WHY IS JEREMY CORBYN STILL LEADER OF THE LABOUR PARTY?'; also known as 'PROFILES IN COURAGE', also known as 'THE PERFECT SHOT AND CHASER' Artist: The Centre Left Collective, 2019, Oil on Canvas

Artists Comments: 'Yes, I'm very proud of this one. I was attempting an 'ironic juxtaposition', if you will, to answer the question in the title. The question is answered obliquely, in tribute to Norman Mailer's novel 'Why Are We In Vietnam?, which is entirely set on a hunting trip in Alaska.'

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I have B1 Polish, and I wanted to wait for marriage/kids but now I'm not sure.

Pretty shit that you are forced into that situation tbh. Same for all people in that situation, it's not nice at all. 

5 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Gut feeling:

Reckon the Letwin amendment will fail by a couple of votes and the main vote will then pass by half a dozen.

Think that’s about right , from watching it this morning I get the feeling there isn’t enough love for Letwin.

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Think that’s about right , from watching it this morning I get the feeling there isn’t enough love for Letwin.

Guess it depends on who isn't voting the same way on both the amendment and the motion. 

The DUP are voting against the motion (for now), but does that mean they vote for Letwin?

The Labour leavers are voting for the motion, but does that mean they don't support the amendment? Flint doesn't, it seems like Snell does.

Edited by ml1dch

26 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Gut feeling:

Reckon the Letwin amendment will fail by a couple of votes and the main vote will then pass by half a dozen.

Yep. 

I think we are f****d now (‘we’ being anybody who hoped we might somehow get Brexit thrown back in the sea where it belongs) 

The loons have won.

The next few years are going to be awful for a lot of people.  

• Like 1

Â