The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Interesting if true....

Hmm. I'm pretty sceptical. I'd be amazed if the other 27 wanted there to still be confusion one way or the other by the time Multiannual Financial Framework 2021–2027 needs to be decided, which is next summer. So nine? Sure.

9-12? makes no sense at all from the EU side.

Also, while it's not impossible that a random guy off Twitter is going to break the news ahead of the hundreds of journalists based in either Brussels or one of the countries making that decision...

I think I'd still be taking it with a pinch of salt.

Edited by ml1dch

9 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Hmm. I'm pretty sceptical. I'd be amazed if the other 27 wanted there to still be confusion one way or the other by the time Multiannual Financial Framework 2021–2027 needs to be decided, which is next summer. So nine? Sure.

9-12? makes no sense at all from the EU side.

Also, while it's not impossible that a random guy off Twitter is going to break the news ahead of the hundreds of journalists based in either Brussels or one of the countries making that decision...

I think I'd still be taking it with a pinch of salt.

How much  money will we pay in over the next 12 months if its true? £40b? £50b?

Might take the sting out of the "confusion".

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

truly fascinating how a number on a big red bus has stuck in the psyche so so much more than 3 years of debunking it as a lie

Call me Dave really should be locked up for not nipping that in the bud.

DC -> I want to make it clear, there will be no extra money for the NHS or other public service as a result of leaving the EU. The economic forecasts are that after leaving the EU we'll have less money than today, so promises of huge injections of money as a direct result of leaving the EU are completely infeasible.

That would have done the trick if he'd have said it 10 times.

Edited by Genie

2 hours ago, Genie said:

What'll probably happen is everyone will treat it like a high school project and do nothing on it for 11 of the 12 months then rush the submission.

Nothing will surprise me with Brexit anymore,  even if Cumming's anounced a new (Trump recommended) Brexit negotiator all the way from the US called Damien Thorne.  It's almost like watching a TV show in a way now,  you have to admit,  the writings great and we are all hooked.  In many ways it's a shame it's real.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

27 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

truly fascinating how a number on a big red bus has stuck in the psyche so so much more than 3 years of debunking it as a lie

Not really, IMO. Regardless of the amount, "we pay them money" is the bit that's stuck and the throbbers use to claim their funny, throbby claims - they need us more than we need them...etc.

ANyone mentioned this yet?

Jeremy Corbyn has privately told allies that he will step aside and allow someone else to become prime minister if Boris Johnson is forced from power.

Sources say the Labour leader has concluded that he would not win the support needed to lead a government of national unity. Corbyn has signalled to allies that he might support another candidate as long as it is not a Labour or Conservative MP.

Thunderer (paywalled)

• Thanks 1

EGvrQzdWwAASG1u?format=jpg&name=medium

The SNP must be on quite the tightrope tactically. They want to be seen to be trying really hard to fix Brexit and offer solutions to the other remain or undecided parties.

But by the same token, they must be able to see that their best prospect is with a Tory Westminster getting a hard Brexit.

Out of interest? Can criminals travel around the EU freely without additional checks? 

Just watching the game tonight and it’s scary to think these Nazi thugs that are proud to be shown on international Tv saluting can enter another country in the EU just using a passport.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Isn’t McDonnell plotting against him ?

can’t believe Watson will stand idle whilst everything he’s plotted for is snatched away from him 

Methinks you have the wrong end of the stick. It’s about Bercow leading a GoNU

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Out of interest? Can criminals travel around the EU freely without additional checks? 

Just watching the game tonight and it’s scary to think these Nazi thugs that are proud to be shown on international Tv saluting can enter another country in the EU just using a passport.

Do you mean criminals avoiding capture or those that have done their time? There’s usually a whole heap of bollocks talked about “criminals”

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Do you mean criminals avoiding capture or those that have done their time? There’s usually a whole heap of bollocks talked about “criminals”

Both I guess.  Just doing a bit of reading up on it seems there are measure in place to refuse entry to people with criminal records on a case by case basis but it’s not implemented very well. No surprise there. 

58 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Both I guess.  Just doing a bit of reading up on it seems there are measure in place to refuse entry to people with criminal records on a case by case basis but it’s not implemented very well. No surprise there. 

Well the blame for that would lay at the door of the UK border force

• Like 3

Â