The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

I literally came to post the same thing. Some nerve to complain about people colluding with foreign powers when yer representative from Riyadh Central is calling up his mates in Poland's government, demanding they veto extensions, and boasting about it on the Twitters every few months.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

The topic of threats against MP's went quiet all of a sudden ..can't think why

Me neither, The Metro Mayor of Manchester Andy Burnham (Labour) denounced them as soon as he found out

I don't know who was responsible for it but one suspects it was an anarchist group like Class War as it's in their usual modus operandi

In which case I don't think your point has much relevance to any Left Side / Right Side chanting

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

The topic of threats against MP's went quiet all of a sudden ..can't think why

0_Banner.jpg

It's despicable tbh. No excuse. Probably some Corbyn communist. The extreme right and extreme let are 2 sides of the same coin. When you go too far to the extreme in either direction you end up in the same place, authoritanianism and absolutism.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

It's despicable tbh. No excuse. Probably some Corbyn communist. The extreme right and extreme let are 2 sides of the same coin. When you go too far to the extreme in either direction you end up in the same place, authoritanianism and absolutism.

It really is much more in the style of Class War and not any group on the left.

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

It really is much more in the style of Class War and not any group on the left.

Possibly but Momentum did tweet it along with "Good Morning Conservatives , Welcome to Manchester"

they then deleted it and said it wasn't them and it was Joleon Lescott's pocket or something

Edit - I see you've linked it , assume that Manchester Momentum is something different to the other Momentum ?

Edited by tonyh29

29 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Ireland had a second referendum, didn't they? Comments from Irish VTers would be welcome. 

It was on the ratification of Lisbon. There were issues that they weren't happy with (from memory it was to do with a reduction in the number of Commissioners and wanting Ireland's military neutrality explicitly referenced among other things).

So it was renegotiated, and a party was elected with a manifesto commitment to vote on the renegotiated treaty. Which they did, and it passed 67/33.

30 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Ireland had a second referendum, didn't they? Comments from Irish VTers would be welcome. 

Ireland's constitution demands a referendum for significant legislation changes. They originally rejected the Lisbon treaty over concerns with some of its provisions. Those concerns were addressed, it went back to the people, they agreed with it, it passed.

Of course if you're a 'Eurosceptic' (snigger), this actually meant that the EU didn't like lil' ole Ireland saying no to it so forced them to do it again until they came back with the right answer.

Which is bollocks.

Obviously our Irish posters can elaborate on that but that's the gist of it. It's a little different to the Brexit situation. A second Brexit ref would be more confirmatory in light of more information, than seeking approval for an amended legislation.

• Like 2

Â