The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Well that's that. An irreversible decision to leave the EU, mostly taken by people who are highly unlikely to ever make a difference. Having a record number of pensioners vote meant that people who won't even be alive in a few years time, have helped damage the country for future generations. In addition, many bigoted racists have got their way. Most of which have never or will ever contribute to our society. 

We will never get this vote again, yet we will feel the repercussions of this for generations. I am furious.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

I voted tory at the last general election and was labelled toffee nosed, elitist, rich public schoolboy who was out for himself.

I voted out of europe and I'm labelled a racist, working class, ill-educated, ignorant imbecile.

Well guess what....I'm neither. There's a vast middle ground out there if you care to listen 

The truth is that you never know what people actually think or believe until their self-interest is threatened.

12 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Well that's that. An irreversible decision to leave the EU, mostly taken by people who are highly unlikely to ever make a difference. Having a record number of pensioners vote meant that people who won't even be alive in a few years time, have helped damage the country for future generations. In addition, many bigoted racists have got their way. Most of which have never or will ever contribute to our society. 

We will never get this vote again, yet we will feel the repercussions of this for generations. I am furious.

Well if it is any small comfort they will feel the effects when they next log in to check on how their pension plan is tracking...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, av1 said:

So 17 million people are xenophobic imbeciles?

The amount of hate is this thread is disgusting. I voted out, so according to some of the posters in this thread, I must be a ignorant thick racist, amazing.

I'm just wondering if we could fit all 17m in Wales and get Trumps 'wall builders' in. 

Plenty of land there, I think it's doable. 

'The People's Republic of Glorious Isolation' 

Boris at the helm, Nige on border control, Gove the Toad running schools, IDS making sure the poor and disabled are kept in line, George - just to make sure no financial targets are ever actually met and Maybe even Murdoch in to run the new state media? 

Glorious

oh and I know George was an 'inny', but he's a world class word removed, so they'd take him I reckon. 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

Just now, chicovilla said:

Rumours that Bankers JP Morgan and BNP Paribas group are to relocate from London to Paris. Rumour from Chris Ship ITN News editor. 

Pretty obvious. This will also be the case for a number of law firms and other professional services. That HSBC 'head-office' which was coming to Birmingham will probably not happen either.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

With the way the sterling is going, expect higher petrol and food prices. Inflation is about to go up.

The Bank of England really have their work cut out. 

I watched Carney's speech earlier. 

He had the look of a man who wanted to scream 'what the **** have you done you absolute words removed' 

He's a steady hand and I genuinely believe the BOE will do their best to try and get us through this, but Jesus wept it's to going to be some challenge. 

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

With the way the sterling is going, expect higher petrol and food prices. Inflation is about to go up.

The Bank of England really have their work cut out. 

So the UK could end up being the only country in the EU which meets the inflation target laid down in the Maastricht treaty.

Its a crazy world, ain't it!:)

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Like 1

Just now, wazzap24 said:

I watched Carney's speech earlier. 

He had the look of a man who wanted to scream 'what the **** have you done you absolute words removed' 

He's a steady hand and I genuinely believe the BOE will do their best to try and get us through this, but Jesus wept it's to going to be some challenge. 

There's not a huge amount they can do given the BOE remit. They will cut rates (which are already extremely low) and run more QE, that's absolutely certain.

2 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

So the UK could end being the only country in the EU which meets the inflation target laid down in the Maastricht treaty.

Its a crazy world, ain't it!:)

...but no consumer is going to be celebrating.

1 minute ago, MakemineVanilla said:

But wouldn't a bit of inflation help with the national debt?

Oh that, well the national 'debt' is not exactly an immanent problem for the UK is it. Austerity is the second dumbest idea of the past 8 or so years.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I'm not 100% sure Tony, but I think the creator of the meme and Jon might have been having a bit of a laugh with it. 

thatsthejoke.jpg

One phrase that I keep hearing and it's pissing me off; "Overnight and everybody thinks they're a politician/financial expert".

Not really, they're people in a democracy voting in probably the most important referendum in their lifetime, they can say what they want. 

It's the equivalent of saying 'ooh, you're hard' like David Brent in an argument.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

One phrase that I keep hearing and it's pissing me off; "Overnight and everybody thinks they're a politician/financial expert".

Not really, they're people in a democracy voting in probably the most important referendum in their lifetime, they can say what they want. 

It's the equivalent of saying 'ooh, you're hard' like David Brent in an argument.

Totally agree but it is a little annoying seeing people on social media who've no idea of what it's all about screaming and shouting and/or gloating and celebrating.

Just now, choffer said:

Totally agree but it is a little annoying seeing people on social media who've no idea of what it's all about screaming and shouting and/or gloating and celebrating.

True, but this has flipped it on it's on head for me, I've only heard this from the leavers so far.

Â