The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Davkaus you really believe that is the SOLE reason they want to leave? They been gagging for a excuse to get the UK now they have it, and we gave it to them ourselves. 

They had a referendum just 2 years ago and voted to stay in? If they go of course this will be the reason, and who could blame them.  

Just a note about Scotland / independence / EU membership.

Spain have already said they could refuse to acknowledge Scotland as a separate country. Becoming their own EU members could become interesting! 

clicky

1 minute ago, pas5898 said:

Just a note about Scotland / independence / EU membership.

Spain have already said they could refuse to acknowledge Scotland as a separate country. Becoming their own EU members could become interesting! 

clicky

Ah now that is interesting, although i cant see them being rejected. Be interested to see if they are willing to take the euro though. thank god we never took the euro about now, we would be in chaos

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Davkaus you really believe that is the SOLE reason they want to leave? They been gagging for a excuse to get the UK now they have it, and we gave it to them ourselves. 

Of course, there's a minority that will always want to leave, no matter what we do. But we've just given a huge number of Scots who were either ambivalent or full on Unionists a reason to want to leave the UK, when it was pretty much a settled matter. This is a big enough change that I can't blame them for wanting to revisit the issue.

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

They had a referendum just 2 years ago and voted to stay in? If they go of course this will be the reason, and who could blame them.  

Now we are not in the UK they definitely will vote out, and like you i dont blame them now. They are see the benefits of being the EU unlike more than half of our population

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ah now that is interesting, although i cant see them being rejected. Be interested to see if they are willing to take the euro though. thank god we never took the euro about now, we would be in chaos

Spain will properly throw their toys out of the pram if Scotland applied for membership. It essentially gives more power and a green light for Baque and Catalonian independence. 

Edited by pas5898

26 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

the phrase imbeciles has been branded around a lot this week , it's safe to say from the evidence it isn't exclusive to one side

The number of imbeciles for leave vs the number for remain is a bit like Sky Sports vs BT when it come to Prem football these days. 

No longer exclusive, but still a huge majority. 

You can see from the outputs who turned this in leave's favour and it wasn't well educated working people. 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

and just think , we wont have to send them money to prop up their economy when the go skint 

But the over riding issue ( as I understand it) why they rejected it last time was they felt it was better together in the UK .. not better together as in the EU ... they will also have to adopt the Euro (no if's or but's them is the EU rules ) which as the political expert on the radio said this morning is about as appealing to the Scots as  cup of cold sick

I'm sure they would have liked both , but the vote last night was about the EU and shouldn't be confused with a desire for the Scottish people to become independent

Of course the sticking point for Scotland may well be if they'd even be able to join the EU, even if they made the concession of taking the Euro.

Spain still won't be keen on allowing Scotland to join.

2 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

I voted tory at the last general election and was labelled toffee nosed, elitist, rich public schoolboy who was out for himself.

I voted out of europe and I'm labelled a racist, working class, ill-educated, ignorant imbecile.

Well guess what....I'm neither. There's a vast middle ground out there if you care to listen 

well , I can see the flaw in your argument right there

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wazzap24 said:

Half pissing myself, half wondering about having a whip-round and hiring an assassin. 

not a third  pissing yourself , a third wondering about a whip round and a third wondering how someone not in the Tory party or elected to parliament ended up in a Tory cabinet ?

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

not a third  pissing yourself , a third wondering about a whip round and a third wondering how someone not in the Tory party or elected to parliament ended up in a Tory cabinet ?

Give them a seat in the House of Lords?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I'm not 100% sure Tony, but I think the creator of the meme and Jon might have been having a bit of a laugh with it. 

Only leave voters would believe they will be actual members of cabinet! :trollface:

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

The one positive for me from this shit show is at least Farage and UKIP can **** off now, they literally have no reason for existing anymore.

They won't. When the General Election happens next year (because it will) they will argue that they are the only true voice to negotiate the terms of the leave. Given that its clear that the Labour vote has gone to Leave and consequentially UKIP; I can see that there will be a hung parliament again and Tories will probably have to use UKIP to keep them in power. 

So that "Straight Outta Europe" poster and any comparison to the future cabinet may be closer to the truth than you think... 

Â