The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

10 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

There is no appetite in parliament for no deal, because that would be a stain on national politics for years to come, so the only outcome I can see that makes sense is to have another referendum. 

Blimey I think the last two years have already gone way beyond that already !

12 minutes ago, blandy said:

It's his worst nightmare. His pie in the sky allotment shed dreams just crashed into reality. All the dicking about Corbyn Labour has been doing has now hit him in the face. He's been hiding in his shed, vaguely pretending to have some notion of "negotiating a better Brexit" despite knowing it is impossible, pretending to want an election even though he can't get one and now he's going to have to either oppose Brexit (which he actually wants) or support it and further reduce any chance of ever getting elected. The dickwad.

The irony of all of this is that May wanted to remain and Corbyn wanted to leave (despite campaigning for remain.) 

You couldn't make up this farce.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

DUP confirm that they'll vote for the government in confidence motion.

Tomorrow is a waste of time, then. :)

Obviously with one important thing -  it forces the dial one notch further on Labour's "plan".

When it does fail, it'll be interesting to see how Corbyn reconciles what the policy says with his clear personal dislike of it.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

2 months ago, we knew the deal would not be approved. 

Tomorrow we know already that the government will win the no confidence vote.

Whats the point in all this bollocks? Why are they not putting all their energy into sorted the shit storm they created out?

It's stalemate, there is far too big a difference in opinions of the MPs who voted against the deal to be able to convince enough to get one through parliament, before even entertaining the idea that the EU will just accept whatever they come up with.  The only solution is to put it back to the people in the hope that either the Tories or Lsbour will get a whopping majority and a mandate on the back of it, or another referendum.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's stalemate, there is far too big a difference in opinions of the MPs who voted against the deal to be able to convince enough to get one through parliament, before even entertaining the idea that the EU will just accept whatever they come up with.  The only solution is to put it back to the people in the hope that either the Tories or Lsbour will get a whopping majority and a mandate on the back of it, or another referendum.

Tomorrow is a waste of a valuable day.

May should have just taken the rejection of her deal on the chin last year and then got cracking with plan b/c/d.

51 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

if this was blair he would have ruined her

Ahh, Blair. 

He'd be in government by now and this would all be sorted.

On the down side, we'd be side by side with Trump invading Mexico and Blair would have somehow acquired another three properties in London on a politician's salary.

21 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I think she still genuinely believes that somehow this deal will come to pass if she just hangs on a little bit longer.

I mean she's barmy but I do think it's a genuine belief.

If this turns out to be literally the only deal the EU will offer, and parliament has rejected No Deal as an option, it may come to a point where pro-Leave MPs have to vote for it or else face the fact that we will be probably be staying in.

• Like 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

If this turns out to be literally the only deal the EU will offer, and parliament has rejected No Deal as an option, it may come to a point where pro-Leave MPs have to vote for it or else face the fact that we will be probably be staying in.

Parliament can't reject No Deal as an option unless it legislates to revoke A50 and sorts out 'Exit day' in the legislation (it may require more, I can't remember).

Â