The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

38 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Colour me shocked.

She's going to keep pushing this deal. It's what she was always going to do. The loss tonight, which won't be the car crash it should be, because, you know, Tories) will just mean she'll spend a few days rearranging some words. The No Confidence vote will fail (if it happens at all).

We're in the worst timeline.

• Like 2

So May is going to lose the vote by 100+ then announce she will go back to the EU and try to tweak her deal. Waste another couple of weeks then bring it back to the commons to be voted on again in the hope that the threat of no deal looming ever larger will convince a few more to vote for it. 

The whole thing has been a farce based on bullshit and being led by imbeciles. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

So May is going to lose the vote by 100+ then announce she will go back to the EU and try to tweak her deal. Waste another couple of weeks then bring it back to the commons to be voted again in the hope that the threat of no deal looming ever larger will convince a few more to vote for it. 

Well she's messed that up by presenting No Brexit as a possibility yesterday.

Nobody will be scared of No Deal now.

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Well she's messed that up by presenting No Brexit as a possibility yesterday.

Nobody will be scared of No Deal now.

She's played that both ways. To Brexiteer audiences she pushes the great Satan of No Brexit. To anyone with a couple of braincells to rub together she threatened No Deal.

Both are possible. One is the default.

8 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

So May is going to lose the vote by 100+ then announce she will go back to the EU and try to tweak her deal. Waste another couple of weeks then bring it back to the commons to be voted again in the hope that the threat of no deal looming ever larger will convince a few more to vote for it. 

The AG has just said in the Commons that if the deal is rejected today then it will be represented down the line but little if anything will change. He's just confirmed that Plan B is Plan A

Plan B is that there is no Plan B

It sounds like free access to trade with the EU without having to commit to freedom of movement of EU citizens is a fairly big concession for Europe. They get painted as bullies by our media but that to me seems quite generous of them.

34 minutes ago, Genie said:

It sounds like free access to trade with the EU without having to commit to freedom of movement of EU citizens is a fairly big concession for Europe. They get painted as bullies by our media but that to me seems quite generous of them.

I imagine there would be quite a queue of countries wanting to sign up to that deal if that was all it involved.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

Do you know Freedom of Movement works both ways?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So people fill me in.  Is it a bad deal for us?

In one sense you could say its a really good deal. 

We get to stay in the single market with all the benefits of freedom of movement, and yet don't have to pay the annual fee. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ender4 said:

We get to stay in the single market with all the benefits of freedom of movement, and yet don't have to pay the annual fee. 

Really don't know where you got that impression

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yep. UK citizens are free to move, work, love, whatever in any of 27 other countries.

It's fantastic.

that's not 100% the case though (I think ?) 

European Parliament and Council Directive 2004/38/EC, allows EU member states to repatriate EU nationals after three months if they have not found a job or do not have the means to support themselves.

and the Lisbon treaty states that the right to freedom of movement of workers is subject to limitations justified on grounds of public policy, public security or public health. Article 46(d) provides for the achievement of a balance supply and demand of labour.

FWIW  , I  moved , worked , loved and whatevered in Hungary before they were in the EU

it was fantastic , (except the love bit if you ask Mrs H) , it isn't  exclusive to the EU , though granted it is easier

42 minutes ago, ender4 said:

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

Really don't know where you got that impression

Whoops, i meant benefits of free trade and don't have to pay the annual fee.

Â