The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

7 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Government loses again. 308 to 297

However this shambles all ends up, this Parliamentary bit of it is all very funny.

If you want funny go and take a look at the Leave Means Leave facebook page. Lots of threats to take Bercow to the tower and [insert medieval torture method here]

34 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

...and the amendment passes. Surely this increases the likelihood that the meaningful vote will be delayed again. They won't want to have the vote knowing they only have 3 days to draw up a "Plan B"

Can't disagree with this. I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised if she shelves the vote, especially because it's now crystal clear that there's absolutely no chance of it passing. 

25 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

It's been whole weeks since this has been posted, and deserves to be brought out again...

Some scamps have taken a more proactive approach to reminding us of this particular tweet:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The outrage is from the people who just want us to Leave by any means necessary with absolutely zero understanding of how that is done, why it would be done, what the consequences are etc

Edit: these are the same people who will be moaning in 6 months because there's a recession, they've lost their job and their holiday to Benidorm has doubled in price.

I’ve seen (more than once) a gov petition to make sure we leave without a deal. So stupid to actually campaign for that I can’t catch my breath.

If we can’t get a worthwhile deal then it is what it is, but to actually campaign to stop the government trying???

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve seen (more than once) a gov petition to make sure we leave without a deal. So stupid to actually campaign for that I can’t catch my breath.

Of we can’t get a worthwhile deal then it is what it is, but to actually campaign to stop the government trying???

Exactly. To anyone who has even the slightest understanding of what no deal means, that is mental. 

It just shows how many people are completely uneducated about what’s Brexit actually is or means. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly. To anyone who has even the slightest understanding of what no deal means, that is mental. 

It just shows how many people are completely uneducated about what’s Brexit actually is or means. 

It currently has 317k signatures. Terrifying. I don’t expect everyone to have the same view of the world as me, but there are a lot of people who are too stupid to be allowed a vote on anything.

1-AAAFF7-F-B6-C0-42-BF-A07-C-0-BE8479368

Edited by Genie

12 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

In the national interest.

I have been very clear on my policy of being clear about the need to take back control of a strong and stable long term economic plan in the national interest, in order to bring clarity to the need to be clear about the national interest.  I have been very clear on this.  Is that clear?  Claro.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

It currently has 317k signatures. Terrifying. I don’t expect everyone to have the same view of the world as me, but there are a lot of people who are too stupid to be allowed a vote on anything.

There should never have been a referendum. Not on something as complex as this.

I know some are screaming out for a peoples vote/second referendum but I am not sure the result would be any different. A lot of leavers have become tribal about wanting to leave and they want it no matter what the cost.

I can't see there being a positive ending to all this. This country is as divided now as I can ever remember it and that is not going to change any time soon. What a needless mess.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

There should never have been a referendum. Not on something as complex as this.

I know some are screaming out for a peoples vote/second referendum but I am not sure the result would be any different. A lot of leavers have become tribal about wanting to leave and they want it no matter what the cost.

I can't see there being a positive ending to all this. This country is as divided now as I can ever remember it and that is not going to change any time soon. What a needless mess.

All that's true, but the problem remains.  We have to do two things which are madly difficult: find a constitutional settlement which will be adequately acceptable to the UK population, the UK parliament, and the EU; and find a way to heal the divisions which have been openly and needlessly stoked.

The two goals above may not be compatible, at least in the short term.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, peterms said:

All that's true, but the problem remains.  We have to do two things which are madly difficult: find a constitutional settlement which will be adequately acceptable to the UK population, the UK parliament, and the EU; and find a way to heal the divisions which have been openly and needlessly stoked.

The two goals above may not be compatible, at least in the short term.

Money makes the world go round, we need to avoid going bust and losing a ton of jobs as an initial priority.

Then look at healing the social divisions.

No point in doing the other way round as lack of money will mean higher taxes etc and greater tension.

• Like 3

Â