The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Donald Trump announces his plan to negotiate a free trade deal with the UK after Brexit.

Talks can begin in 2021, once the Brexit transition period is over, a letter to US Congress states.

However, Trump’s administration says the UK must abandon “unjustified” food standards before a wide-ranging deal between the two economies can be agreed.

MPs, charities and health campaigners are worried that the US will demand UK market access for food products of a lower standard than what the UK currently accepts.

Chlorine-washed chicken, hormone-injected beef and food containing maggots, rat-hair and mould are just some of the imports post-Brexit Britain could receive from the US.

Business Insider

Ooh, there's a surprise.

Lot's of filthy lobbying on this side of the pond to aid the dickhead's cause.

We've seen what clueless lying pricks they are, right here on VT.

16 hours ago, Chindie said:

Also hilarious (read: horrifying) to see 6 ministers reported to be seeking legal clarification of the implications of the exit deal, with Michael Gove noted as claiming to have been misled over the backstop for instance.

Didn't they **** read any of the proposals?

Also, have a stab at who the 6 are. Hint - they're amongst the brightest of the cabinet. Snigger.

So just to be clear, Michael Gove, Andrea Leadsom, Esther McVey et al, didn't really understand what they'd signed up for and want the option to change their mind on it?

Is that basically the gist?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, ml1dch said:

So just to be clear, Michael Gove, Andrea Leadsom, Esther McVey et al, didn't really understand what they'd signed up for and want the option to change their mind on it?

Is that basically the gist?

>_>

<_<

...N-Noooo?

*runs*

1 hour ago, limpid said:

Half of all people are thicker then the average person. Then combine that with an education system increasingly used (by religions) to stop people asking questions of authority figures and you end up with people voting for whoever says things that make them feel good, even when it's against their best interests.

Democracy only works when the populace is educated.

If only those with above average intelligence were allowed to vote. Would there ever have been a Labour government in British history?

28 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

What’s your point? 

I wasn't aware I'd made an actual point but if you need me to elaborate on my post in order to gain a greater understanding...

Your original statement contains an inference that the lower a persons intelligence the more likely they are to vote Labour, I offered some evidence to the contrary.

39 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

So those with a degree;

Conservative 36%

Labour 28%

Liberal 19%

What’s your point? Same question, eradicate those with a below average education, would Labour have ever won a general election?

It's certainly arguable.

It's pretty inarguable that we wouldn't be embarking on the subject of this thread though, isn't it?

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

I wasn't aware I'd made an actual point but if you need me to elaborate on my post in order to gain a greater understanding...

Your original statement contains an inference that the lower a persons intelligence the more likely they are to vote Labour, I offered some evidence to the contrary.

Thanks for the clarification to help my understanding. I thought I’d made a point about what was required for Labour to win an election and you’d answered it by quoting stats from an election they lost. 

Â