The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

33 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So can brexit be stopped today or something? 

Nope, nothing like that. The House of Commons are voting on amendments made by the House of Lords to the bill that converts current EU law into UK law.

So things like :

"Amendment 3 - environmental protections

Maintains EU environmental protections in domestic law, with a body to enforce compliance"

I mean, imagine the horrible consequences if we had to put up with something like that.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

DfcIxNXX4AIcKBK.jpg:large

It'll be great when we leave the EU and we finally have Stonehenge, the Angel of the North and red buses back, I've really missed them. Oh, wait...

Which images symbolise the betrayal?

Is it the Chinese nuclear facility or the antiquated public transport train replacement service or the German owned car manufacturing or the £4 BILLION they want to spend renovating parliament?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Which images symbolise the betrayal?

Is it the Chinese nuclear facility or the antiquated public transport train replacement service or the German owned car manufacturing or the £4 BILLION they want to spend renovating parliament?

Probably the Italian-designed, Qatari-owned skyscraper.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Nope, nothing like that. The House of Commons are voting on amendments made by the House of Lords to the bill that converts current EU law into UK law.

So things like :

"Amendment 3 - environmental protections

Maintains EU environmental protections in domestic law, with a body to enforce compliance"

I mean, imagine the horrible consequences if we had to put up with something like that.

So what's with the front pages of papers? Seems a bit OTT. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

So what's with the front pages of papers? Seems a bit OTT. 

Got to appeal to their base; got to make money out of whipping up fury and division.

Seems as though the purchase of the Daily Express hasn't changed much.

• Like 2

The Grauniad's politics live reports that Downing Street has no intention to back the Grieve amendment that he tabled yesterday. I believe Grieve said this would mean him voting against the government (he may have said he couldn't say that he wouldn't or something like that).

Banks's opening salvo about not putting too much trust in the evidence being given to the committee and that they've been Walter Mitty types is an interesting one.

I mean if we were to take that bit seriously then we ought to view much of the rest of what comes out of Banks's and Wigmore's mouth with a great deal of skepticism. ;)

Wigmore/Banks appear to be openly admitting that they and their campaign were a load of bollocks to play on peoples' emotions to get the result they wanted in the referendum (which is rather the issue that people have had with the referendum and the campaigns on both sides).

They appear to be gleefully taking this line (one claiming to be an agent provocateur as though that's a good thing) and yet asking people to believe that they're telling the truth now. Let's hope that someone starts to properly push this line as I think some slightly more stern questioning could get them to drop their jocular act and expose the reality (the obviously contemptuous, sneering and patronising actuality looks like it's bubbling quite close to the surface).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I mean, it's not even good is it?

It looks like something I could have knocked up on MS Paint in about 10 minutes.

Shush, you can't just reveal trade secrets like that!

It's fun to note that almost all the cultural/arts 'icons' on it are created by pro-Europeans.

• Like 1

Â