The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Everything coming out about the potential deals to be done appears to be buttering things up for a no deal scenario being seen as a win.

Edited by Chindie

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

:lol:  I loved that, even though it's tongue-in-cheek. Needs more likes.

it actually needs fewer likes as it couldn't even spell  Schengen correctly

• Like 4

From The Torygraph:

the Telegraph's poll tracker, which takes an average of the last eight national polls for the first round of the presidency:

French presidential election - first round polling

22 Mar 2017

LePen: 25.8%

Macron: 24.9%

Fillon: 17.9%

Hamon: 12.5%

...more on link

Edited by snowychap

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

1st round means nothing really.

2nd round polls have Macron at 60-65%.

If it means nothing why do they spend time and money creating Polls on it  ?

How do they know who is in the 2nd round to get to the 60-65% ? I don't get it to be honest. 

26 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

1st round means nothing really.

It does. It suggests where people are in the standings in order to get through to the second round.

21 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

How do they know who is in the 2nd round to get to the 60-65% ? I don't get it to be honest.

I'm guessing they put the questions on various scenarios, e.g. if it's Macron v Le Pen, how would you vote?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, snowychap said:

It does. It suggests where people are in the standings in order to get through to the second round.

I didn't articulate well, or at all, really.. In the context of this thread, with Le Pen the anti-EU candidate, where she polls in the 1st round doesn't matter, as she'll lose in the 2nd, no matter the candidate.

Edited by StefanAVFC

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I didn't articulate well, or at all, really.. In the context of this thread, with Le Pen the anti-EU candidate, where she polls in the 1st round doesn't matter, as she'll lose in the 2nd, no matter the candidate.

I think it's a mistake to concentrate, in the context of this thread, on the chances of Le Pen winning the French Presidency and to ignore any other potential outcome.

It seems very likely Macron will take the Presidency, it then gets interesting at the follow on Parliamentary elections. Macron's main handicap there seems to be the fact he doesn't have a party... 

So he gets in, can't actually deliver anything and the public get even more pissed off with the political class. 

Not exactly a reciepe for peace and harmony in a country currently lacking in both.

15 minutes ago, Awol said:

It seems very likely Macron will take the Presidency, it then gets interesting at the follow on Parliamentary elections. Macron's main handicap there seems to be the fact he doesn't have a party...

He has one of these 'movement' thingies. He has pledged to field candidates for En marche! in all the constituencies. Obviously, whether he can is a different matter.

It might be worth people considering  what kind of candidate he may well be. Perhaps he's merely a populist opportunist with no real desire other than power.

8 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Perhaps he's merely a populist opportunist with no real desire other than power.

That's a given, his sales pitch is basically that he doesn't stand for anything politically contentious, which in a French context means he stands for nothing at all.

He'll win (though maybe not by all that much) on the 'anyone but Le Pen' ticket, but then? I think France is in a lot more crap than people are currently bargaining for, politically, economically and socially. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Are there two Hamons in the race or just the one with a potentially disastrous admin blunder misrepresenting his true reach?

Issues with my editing, I'm afraid. :blush:

Edited by snowychap

I hope there are two large windows behind the desk she'll be "signing off" on, with dark clouds and a strike of lighting, whilst she evilly looks at the photographer.

There will probably be one of those dog things from Ghostbusters either side of her feet too.

Â