The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Have the second ref in February, just to be sure.

Whilst rooting for the death on mass of your fellow citizens, have you ever paused and thought “wow, am I psychotic?”

I’m guessing not, but maybe you should. 

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Dem agreeing a deal doesn't end Brexit. 

The only way we can move on in the short term is to revoke. Any sort of Brexit means disruption and what ifs for the next few years. 

I agree but let's be honest that isn't going to happen is it? I am all for invoking it however it's not going to happen. 

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

In fairness theres dozens of examples of the 'leading lights' of Leave talking about everything from Norway to single market membership to customs union as what 'Leave' was.

Because all of them didn't have a **** clue, and all of them are **** chancers.

Exactly.

Leave did not mean xyz to everyone in the 52% and not everyone in the 52% knew what Leave meant. To argue otherwise is both disingenuous and insulting.

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

Whilst rooting for the death on mass of your fellow citizens, have you ever paused and thought “wow, am I psychotic?”

I’m guessing not, but maybe you should. 

Stating that 'old people die' is not 'rooting for the death of your fellow citizens'. Get a grip.

And your side think Brexit at any cost is worth food and medicine shortages. Don't project that shit onto remain voters.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Awol said:

This is such a caricature. By all means have another referendum, after the promise to implement the result of the first one has been delivered.

Also what leaving meant was clear: out of the customs union, the single market and ECJ jurisdiction. I’m quite happy to accept that’s a process rather than an event, but it still has to be delivered. 

If politicians are allowed to chin-off the result of one nationwide democratic vote b/c they don’t like it, the fundamental damage it will cause to faith in the entire system can’t be taken back. I realize some people think that’s a price worth paying, I think they’re profoundly & dangerously wrong. 

rock and a hard place, we're now **** if we leave and **** if we stay, Brexit has ruined what very little faith people had in politicians, our democracy is in the shitter regardless

as for having another referendum im assuming you mean to rejoin the EU? maybe if that happened people would realise what kind of deal and position the UK already had within the EU such as keeping the pound etc those terms wont be offered ever again if we were to crawl back to them

and the terms weren't clear at all, just like what's actually going on isn't clear now, we've been bullshitted half to death

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't blame them tbh. Our shambles in parliament have made us a laughing stock.

I would say voting to leave has made us a laughing stock tbh.

I haven't met anyone across Europe who hasn't asked me wtf are we doing.

• Like 4

Just now, villa4europe said:

rock and a hard place, we're now **** if we leave and **** if we stay, Brexit has ruined what very little faith people had in politicians, our democracy is in the shitter regardless

as for having another referendum im assuming you mean to rejoin the EU? maybe if that happened people would realise what kind of deal and position the UK already had within the EU such as keeping the pound etc those terms wont be offered ever again if we were to crawl back to them

and the terms weren't clear at all, just like what's actually going on isn't clear now, we've been bullshitted half to death

We won't get Germany++ again if we leave and want to rejoin.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I'm taking the piss.

Have you ever thought while ideologically masturbating over leaving the EU that you're subsequently arguing for increasing hardship, upto and including death, of your fellow citizens?

Maybe you should.

Anyone who really thinks we’re going to run out of food and medicine post Brexit should probably seek help when crossing the road. 

If I didn’t think Brexit was better long term for the country I wouldn’t support it. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Awol said:

Also what leaving meant was clear: out of the customs union, the single market and ECJ jurisdiction.

and going back to that that's not what the problem is, the problem is these things were promised with the tagline "and this will be the benefit to you..."

and none of those benefits are likely to be true, some of them not even remotely

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Anyone who really thinks we’re going to run out of food and medicine post Brexit should probably seek help when crossing the road. 

I would say that dismissing the concerns of a diabetic who has genuine fears they may hold about obtaining insulin, and ridiculing them as not able to cross a road, is much worse than saying 'old people die'.

Hypocrite.

"Your child with cancer, we can't guarantee that they will get the drugs they need after Brexit.

But I think it'll be better for the country in the long run. And if you're worried that they won't get the drugs, probably don't try and cross the road"

and we're the psychopaths? 

Edited by StefanAVFC

if there are shortages then it 1) shows the ineptitude of the government and 2) shows for me one the main reasons for voting for Brexit has failed

day after 1 after Brexit you review the import / exports, what do we import the most of, what key things are there we import, they've had 3 years to put a deal in place to ensure those imports don't stop, more importantly than that they've had 3 years to put infrastructure in place to try and make it so the UK stands on its own 2 feet, which for me was a big thing during the referendum, the mention of insulin, why in the last 3 years haven't we put the infrastructure in place so that we aren't reliant on importing insulin? that's a no brainer for me, we import roughly £50bn worth of food a year, there shouldn't be food shortages because we should have reduced the imports via increasing the amount we produce ourselves, that was the whole point of Brexit for me, get Britain firing again

I think 20% of our chicken comes form Holland, why? what have they put in place to increase the productivity of that industry within Britain so that number is reduced? nothing that I've seen, just bollocks about now being free to get chicken from America

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I would say that dismissing the concerns of a diabetic who has genuine fears they may hold about obtaining insulin, and ridiculing them as not able to cross a road, is much worse than saying 'old people die'.

Hypocrite.

Oh Stefan. It was confirmed months ago by the manufacturers that there’ll be no disruption to insulin supplies, or any other meds for that matter. Unfortunately Remainer extremists (note, they’re a small but very vocal minority) continue to try and terrify the public by peddling this nonsense, just to achieve their political goals. They’re deeply sick people deserving of our sympathy, & probably some professional help. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

Oh Stefan. It was confirmed months ago by the manufacturers that there’ll be no disruption to insulin supplies, or any other meds for that matter. Unfortunately Remainer extremists (note, they’re a small but very vocal minority) continue to try and terrify the public by peddling this nonsense, just to achieve their political goals. They’re deeply sick people deserving of our sympathy, & probably some professional help. 

Is this where I say 'you're wrong' whilst not providing any evidence.

Asking as you're the expert.

The doctor consulted for the Yellowhammer document was quite, quite clear that he had had to provide assessments of the impact of a no deal, which included additional deaths.

There isn't a scenario where anything changes that won't lead to increased harm over the status quo to some degree.

You're not coming across well Awol, and certainly far worse than you really should.

• Like 4

Â