The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think it could be predicted to a fairly accurate degree.

Leaving the EU is a step into the unknown with a best case scenario being only as good as remaining.

Yeah but, but, 'sovereignty'... unelected bureaucrats ..... British Empire,....glory days...

• Like 1

Financial Times

Can't link the article as its behind a paywall, however the FT are suggesting that Boris has made concessions on the Customs issue, which is the only way I can see Ireland acting in the way they are... So whilst he may end up with Europe on his side, he may lose more in parliament... 

Its daft as if he (and May) tacked on a confirmatory vote to the deal they would probably get the deal through parliament (enough Labour MPs in leave areas to push through I reckon, hell, even Lib Dems may support if Remain on the ballot). The only reason that they haven't done that is that all signs point to remain winning that vote this time (though they did say that last time...). 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because who knows what the future could bring! 

But on a serious note I’ve just got in to work so will try and send a proper reply later on.

Hopefully you'll have some more extensive comments later 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

Financial Times

Can't link the article as its behind a paywall, however the FT are suggesting that Boris has made concessions on the Customs issue, which is the only way I can see Ireland acting in the way they are... So whilst he may end up with Europe on his side, he may lose more in parliament... 

Its daft as if he (and May) tacked on a confirmatory vote to the deal they would probably get the deal through parliament (enough Labour MPs in leave areas to push through I reckon, hell, even Lib Dems may support if Remain on the ballot). The only reason that they haven't done that is that all signs point to remain winning that vote this time (though they did say that last time...). 

Its an interesting one as i don't see any deal getting through parliament , Corbyn covets the top job,  no way is he going to gift Boris a 5 year term by voting with any deal  , he needs the Johnson gambit to play out  , defying parliament or dead in a ditch  ...  but equally if he's seen as the man that "blocks Brexit"  it could harm in any upcoming election. The Lib Dems we know will vote against it , they don't have to worry so much , they have Swinson who already harms any chance they have in the next election.

comes down to the Tory rebels and how many labour MP's will vote against their party presumably  ..assuming the obvious of course,  that the EU & UK actually come up with an agreed deal

SNP  we know will vote it down

Edited by tonyh29

12 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Corbyn ... if he's seen as the man that "blocks Brexit"  it could harm in any upcoming election.

The only things that harm Corbyn in any upcoming election is Corbyn, Unions and the current state of the Labour Party.

Him blocking Brexit can only really improve his current low standing

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

We're a nation where thick words removed seem to get in the Question Time audience and ask questions with great ease

More plants than a garden centre

• Haha 1

Â