The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

And it’ll still apply under any form of Brexit, even no deal if a company wishes to trade in the EU as companies really don’t like branding things twice. 

So it’s not actually an advert for Brexit

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

Good.

It's like those people eating Quorn - I have nothing against it, it might even taste good for all I know. 

But as a carnivore I don't dress up my steak and call it a salad. 

Rant over 😂

That's nowhere near the same thing :D 

Like Davkaus, people getting annoyed that veggie food is called "veggie sausage" or "Veggie burger" or whatever is hilarious. It makes literally no difference to anybody.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I see that rain stopped play in the House of Commons today.

If that were to happen at the end of next week when they still hadn't made up their minds, it would be a very British way to leave the EU without a deal. It could only be bettered if we were to do so because someone made Grayling responsible for faxing the revocation notice.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But it's these strict food laws that stop us being fed the absolute shite meat and other food they sell for cheap in places like the US

just saying

if you sort that data purely on Quality and safety the USA is 4th  ..Uk is 18th

there are other studies as well that also rank the USA higher than the majority of European countires

mmmm food.jpg

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

I believe this is why some cheap sausages are sold as 'bangers', because they don't align with the requirements to be considered a sausage

Would you prefer red or brown sauce on your high-fat, emulsified offal-tube sandwich?

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

That's nowhere near the same thing :D 

Like Davkaus, people getting annoyed that veggie food is called "veggie sausage" or "Veggie burger" or whatever is hilarious. It makes literally no difference to anybody.

begs the question why do you need to differentiate a beef, lamb or horse burger if a burger is a burger.

edit; this isn’t the vegetarian thread? 😂

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

if you sort that data purely on Quality and safety the USA is 4th  ..Uk is 18th

there are other studies as well that also rank the USA higher than the majority of European countires 

There's lots to contradict that.  Here's the first from a very quick search.

As Americans, we have the amazing privilege of living in a country where, for the most part, we still have the opportunity to embrace life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness without excessive government intrusion into our personal lives. But when it comes to the foods we eat every day, the United States is arguably at the bottom of the pile in terms of food quality and safety. The unfortunate truth is that our increasingly tainted food supply is taking a major toll on public health.

Not to sound like an alarmist, but the modern American food supply truly is a minefield of toxic threats. We are routinely exposed to chemical additives and preservatives, many of which are banned in other countries. We face constant exposure to unlabeled genetically-modified organisms (GMOs), pesticide and herbicide residues, and perhaps the biggest threat of all that you’ve probably never even heard of − mycotoxins.

Most of these toxins found in food aren’t visible to the naked eye and don’t have a distinctive flavor, so you probably don’t even know you’re consuming them. But your body sure does, and the culmination of this perpetual toxic exposure could spell chronic disease or even early death. This is why it’s vitally important to know what to look for and avoid in the foods you eat, and it’s the reason why I’ve put together this important article for your enlightenment.

If I have time over the weekend,  I'll try to find some references.  Too busy trying to cook some non-hormone fed beef and additive-free accompaniments right now.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, peterms said:

There's lots to contradict that.  Here's the first from a very quick search.

If I have time over the weekend,  I'll try to find some references.  Too busy trying to cook some non-hormone fed beef and additive-free accompaniments right now.

If we didn’t have to keep destroying our stocks due to BSE and Foot and mouth disease you might find the task much easier :) 

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

If we didn’t have to keep destroying our stocks due to BSE and Foot and mouth disease you might find the task much easier :) 

No shortage here.   Picked up a rib of beef reduced from £27 down to £11.  :)

Wouldn't have paid the unreduced price, and it still feels expensive, but it should do 3 of us for 2 meals, which sounds better.  And some great stock for later.

Would I swap that for more and cheaper US beef filled with god knows what, brought to us by the furtive Mr Fox?  No thanks.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, peterms said:

Would I swap that for more and cheaper US beef filled with god knows what, brought to us by the furtive Mr Fox?  No thanks.:)

When you were boycotting South African apples back in the 80’s did you go without apples  or using consumer choice buy apples from a different country ?

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

When you were boycotting South African apples back in the 80’s did you go without apples  or using consumer choice buy apples from a different country ?

I bought apples from elsewhere.

I also bought a big box from Covent Garden Market, stored them, neglected to check if any were bruised, and filled my flat with fruit flies.

27 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

When you were boycotting South African apples back in the 80’s 

PS  I've moved seamlessly on to boycotting anything from Israel.  I've got this weird thing about apartheid regimes...

4.5 hours of cross party talks today.

Just to carve this country a bit thinner and thinner.

Let's play a game. What do you think Mrs May promised Labour to push her deal through?

Â