The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Got into a “debate” with a couple of UKIP/Leaver friends of mine on Facebook earlier.

I was basically asking why they keep sharing this stupid made up crap about the EU taking the piss out of the UK and how they hate us etc. What I learned from several of them that chipped in that they don’t believe or trust ANY of the main media outlets. They are all liars and have their own agenda. I was genuinely quite shocked at that.

They are happy to believe and peddle a screengrab of some text written on Microsoft Word without any kind of substance, but when you counter with a link to a media source with quotes they say it can’t be trusted.

EU are taking the piss out of the UK and it needs to end is pretty much the message.

13 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Yep. Not always Sturgeon's biggest fan but I am glad to hear a politician make a positive case for immigration.

Ditto.  I'm not a fan, but credit where it's due.  An example for more timid politicians on this one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Got into a “debate” with a couple of UKIP/Leaver friends of mine on Facebook earlier.

I was basically asking why they keep sharing this stupid made up crap about the EU taking the piss out of the UK and how they hate us etc. What I learned from several of them that chipped in that they don’t believe or trust ANY of the main media outlets. They are all liars and have their own agenda. I was genuinely quite shocked at that.

They are happy to believe and peddle a screengrab of some text written on Microsoft Word without any kind of substance, but when you counter with a link to a media source with quotes they say it can’t be trusted.

EU are taking the piss out of the UK and it needs to end is pretty much the message.

Don’t believe the mainstream media yet they are basically just blurting out Sun and Daily Mail headlines. 

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 2

So has Elmer Fudd found her inner Remainer escaping uncontrollably or is it yet another trial balloon ?

“I don’t want a people’s vote, or a referendum in general, but if parliament absolutely failed to reach a consensus I could see there would be a plausible argument for it.”

“Parliament has to reach a majority on how it’s going to leave the European Union. If it fails to do so, then I can see the argument for taking it back to the people again, much as it would distress many of my colleagues.”

Which gave rise to Andrea Leadballoon hitting back with a communique from the planet Zarg. The last bit is typical doublespeak / talking out of her low IQ arse *

*delete as per your own opinion

"It's not government policy.

"I myself think it would undermine the biggest democratic exercise ever, where we had a clear majority to leave the European Union.

"To have a second referendum would unfortunately be going back to people and telling them they have got it wrong and they needed to try again. I think it would be unacceptable."

"A managed no-deal does not necessarily mean there is no withdrawal agreement at all,"

Yep, if its a trial balloon, it's one that makes the cabinet look divided, if it's not then the cabinet is deeply divided

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

The last bit is typical doublespeak / talking out of her low IQ arse *

*delete as per your own opinion

My fingerprint experts have reported that you actually typed that she was a stupid woman :)

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

"To have a second referendum would unfortunately be going back to people and telling them they have got it wrong and they needed to try again. I think it would be unacceptable."

I think they know it's the right thing to do but I actually think they are scared of it.  They don't know how to organise it,  deliver it in a fair way or have a clue what the result would be.

Could be chaos.  they are scared.  Not a good look for a Government but I think they are curently.  They have nowhere to go now and they know it.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

40 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Putin comes out against a 2nd ref. Claiming it’s anti-democratic  

Says everything you need to know about it. 

and he even managed your favourite phrase  :)

Someone disliked the result, so repeat it over and over?

Mockery of our government's Brexit strategy (sorry, should that have inverted commas?) now extends even to restaurant reviews in foreign papers.

How low have we sunk.

Maybe the people in charge have been taking management cues from Prime Minister Theresa May’s government, which has approached its Brexit plan like a class of first graders trying to build a working jet airplane out of Lego pieces and a flying-squirrel sock puppet.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Parliament take in games today before having 17 days off. Good job they dont have anything important to do. 

To be fair, it’s what they have been doing for the last 2 years, why change it? :bang:

• Like 2

Â