The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

9 hours ago, villarocker said:

Leaving won't happen. The elite won't want to lose their power and ways to sneak money out of the country via their European colleagues. All this messing around is just part of the ply to fail what the majority of voters in the referendum asked for. 

The way it's all going it wouldn't surprise me if the Queen jacked it all in, gave Charlie the reigns and her last act as custodian to be the dissolvement of parliament. 

What are your views on the UK's part in Global tax evasion and money laundering?

Europe is taking steps to harmonise Corporate tax issues over the next couple of years.

Why do you think the likes of the hedge fund owners, the traitor Banks and Putin want us to leave?

Putin's friends have used the likes of KPMG to rob Russia blind and they want to continue to do so.

We're all getting mugged.

Hedge fund moguls backed Leave, and now fear it won't happen - but they’re still the real winners in Brexit roulette

The major Brexiteers from the finance world are likely to profit from Brexit

The big players include Jeremy Hosking, Jacob Rees-Mogg and Jim Mellon

All have been hedging their bets to shield themselves from financial harm

Thisismoney

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Unity Governments are pretty sensible if you have a common goal with a defined purpose, like "we must defeat the French" 

Well, there you go then!

You're right though, adding the talents of Abbott and McDonnell to a cabinet with Hammond in it.  Good lord.

2 minutes ago, Risso said:

Well, there you go then!

You're right though, adding the talents of Abbott and McDonnell to a cabinet with Hammond in it.  Good lord.

At least with Corbyn aboard they might not need an atlas

2 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

The only reason that Gove has not resigned is that he thinks it in best political interests not to resign. He has no interest in what’s best for the country whatsoever.

Oh yes, I'm 100% in agreement with that (He's not alone)

• Like 1

I've been away for a couple of days and look what has happened.  First up I am struggling to believe that we had the question "what lies" asked about the leave campaign.  It was almost entirely lies.  You would struggle to find any truth in any position they took.  I don't have time to compile the main ones, but thankfully we have journalists that can be bothered to document them, so here is the top 11 (and that does not even include the big red bus bs)

Brexit lies documented and ranked.

11 Brexit promises the government quietly dropped

Leaving aside the £350m for the NHS, Brexit has promised quick and easy trade deals with the EU and the rest of the world, an end to ECJ jurisdiction and free movement, and British control of North Sea fishing. None of this has come to pass. Here are 11 key abandoned claims

Unfortunately, Leave voters have the same ostrich mentality as Trump supporters. No matter how overwhelming the the evidence is that they've been duped, they will stubbornly stick to (and even harden) their stance, rather than admit they were wrong. 

46 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

The only reason that Gove has not resigned is that he thinks it in best political interests not to resign. He has no interest in what’s best for the country whatsoever.

If you found yourself cast adrift in a small boat with Michael Gove, not enough food and water, and a sharp knife, however tired you became, would you fall asleep?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, peterms said:

If you found yourself cast adrift in a small boat with Michael Gove, not enough food and water, and a sharp knife, however tired you became, would you fall asleep?

Sure I would. I'd sleep like a baby. Once I'd dismembered Lord Snooty. 

• Thanks 1

Â