The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

@StefanAVFC Cheers for posting that mate. Fair play to James O'Brien who handled him very well and made him sound the racist fool he clearly is. A fool for believing the amount of people with brown faces here is down to being in the EU and a racist for having an issue with people with brown skin in the first people.

Scary thing is a lot of people think like this and sadly I know plenty of them.

Edited by markavfc40

If you're going to open a discussion by complaining about how much people misuse the term racism, there's a bloody good chance you're a racist.

Tbf, O'Brien does have a habit of getting on the most uninformed, incoherent members of the public, after screening them in advance and finding out what they're going to say. That bloke didn't need much help to be made look like a complete ****, but you'll rarely see anyone who can string a sentence together invited on to debate with James.

• Like 1

I do know someone that voted leave as a direct consequence of the local Post Office being bought by 'them'.

When I asked what he meant by 'them' he said he meant muslims.

As it turned out, they were Sikhs. But all the same, at least that can't happen anymore once we're out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I do know someone that voted leave as a direct consequence of the local Post Office being bought by 'them'.

When I asked what he meant by 'them' he said he meant muslims.

As it turned out, they were Sikhs. But all the same, at least that can't happen anymore once we're out.

It is unreal isn't it how some people think. All the information is openly out there and yet you have ignorant prats who think like this. You couldn't make it up.

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

My word

James O'Brien is a tosser.  Does he do ever do anything other than get the most stupid, racist arseholes on his show, to make his point.  It's the radio equivalent of pulling wings off flies.

1 hour ago, Risso said:

James O'Brien is a tosser.  Does he do ever do anything other than get the most stupid, racist arseholes on his show, to make his point.  It's the radio equivalent of pulling wings off flies.

Maybe all the coherent people with well-reasoned arguments about why the current embarrassing state of affairs is a good thing are all busy?

1 hour ago, Risso said:

I don't listen to LBC that much but these people are obviously phoning the station James O'Brien isn't phoning them.

It isn't really about what LBC are doing though is it. This just highlights, or is an example of, a fair proportion of our society who think like this ignorant, racist, fool and who voted to leave the EU based on their ignorant, racist views. 

• Like 2

Define fair proportion of our society ... I don’t listen to LBC but it appears to be a sample size of one caller on that clip ? 

its kinda funny in a way if someone made your statement and replaced English racists with Muslim terrorist the VT liberals would be choking on their lentils and jumping on that person for his ignorance ... but call Brexit  voters racist and ignorant and the same people don’t bat an eyelid 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Define fair proportion of our society ... I don’t listen to LBC but it appears to be a sample size of one caller on that clip ? 

its kinda funny in a way if someone made your statement and replaced English racists with Muslim terrorist the VT liberals would be choking on their lentils and jumping on that person for his ignorance ... but call Brexit  voters racist and ignorant and the same people don’t bat an eyelid 

That Brexit supporter was racist and ignorant but I said fair proportion I didn't say all Brexit supporters.

I don't know I'd be guessing wouldn't I to give a figure but based on people I know who voted leave I would say around 20% of them did so based on ignorant views similar to those expressed by the person who phoned LBC.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, darrenm said:

I'll have a better read in a bit. It was bleary eyed this morning so I've obviously missed something. I didn't see anything about east-west.

OK I've read it with a clearer head. So basically unless the EU (so Ireland) agree to things like ANPR and other technological solutions to a soft border, the whole of the UK will remain in the SM & CU (or regulatory alignment which is the same thing).

So brexit isn't happening and it's due to the unsolvable border issue. If only someone had pointed this out. This is the softest brexit possible and either 1. won't happen at all because it's now obvious it's pointless even to leavers. Or 2. is tantamount to not leaving if we're still in the SM & CU.

16 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Maybe all the coherent people with well-reasoned arguments about why the current embarrassing state of affairs is a good thing are all busy?

Perhaps they are.  I'm fairly certain that his production team wouldn't be going out of their way to get them on though.  Much more effective on Twitter to have O'Brien gurning as some idiot goes on about brown people.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, darrenm said:

ANPR and other technological solutions to a soft border,

These things are not solutions, it's just rhetoric to try to skip over an intractable problem during an interview.

This explains some of the reason why.

...Having realised, belatedly in most cases, that this is a major stumbling block, pro-Brexit politicians have argued that it would be possible to create an invisible border – a border that complied with all the legal requirements but that no-one could actually see. It would therefore still feel as though there was no border. People on either side of the border could commute, shop and trade without being stopped for customs checks. Electronic gadgets, drones and container tagging are among the suggestions put forward, all of which might help. The trouble is, none of these will completely remove the need for border checks...

2 minutes ago, peterms said:

These things are not solutions, it's just rhetoric to try to skip over an intractable problem during an interview.

This explains some of the reason why.

Yep. And it looks like the EU won't give any concessions to the government.

Â