What team will we see next season?

AndyBM

A potential starting line-up at Burton for our first game: Steer, Hutton, Donacien, Baker, Kinsella, Lyden, Westwood, Gardner, Gabby, Robinson, Gestede. :(

We could add the likes of Bentley (Southend £2m) and Clough (Bolton £2m) although that would cost money and we would not want to "throw money at it". Some players might be prepared to stick around until January to see how we go such as possibly Clark, Amavi, Gana, Veretout, Gil, Grealish and Ayew. We could then fill the gaps with loan signings from Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Spurs, Liverpool and West Ham (if they would like to give us Samuelsen) along with those players who might want to go but find themselves short of offers from other clubs.....  

23 minutes ago, John said:

A potential starting line-up at Burton for our first game: Steer, Hutton, Donacien, Baker, Kinsella, Lyden, Westwood, Gardner, Gabby, Robinson, Gestede. :(

We could add the likes of Bentley (Southend £2m) and Clough (Bolton £2m) although that would cost money and we would not want to "throw money at it". Some players might be prepared to stick around until January to see how we go such as possibly Clark, Amavi, Gana, Veretout, Gil, Grealish and Ayew. We could then fill the gaps with loan signings from Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Spurs, Liverpool and West Ham (if they would like to give us Samuelsen) along with those players who might want to go but find themselves short of offers from other clubs.....  

No chance we'd see that line up. Donancien's level is league two, he will be released. I notice Kinsella went on loan to Kiddy today so if he can only be sent to a Conference club (who are about to be relegated) I doubt he's got much future here.

You can still use the loan market and stuff to sign players.

I have no idea what sort of team tbh, too early to say.

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

No chance we'd see that line up. Donancien's level is league two, he will be released. I notice Kinsella went on loan to Kiddy today so if he can only be sent to a Conference club (who are about to be relegated) I doubt he's got much future here.

You can still use the loan market and stuff to sign players.

I have no idea what sort of team tbh, too early to say.

I hope that we don't see that line up or anything like it. I agree it is too soon to know with any certainty what sort of team we will have next August or possibly who will be released or have at least a short term future with us. 

This current squad would not get us out of the championship so I really don't mind if they all go apart from maybe Grealish for his potential, Hutton beause he tries at least, maybe Ayew and Gestede because he has scored goals at that level before.

9 hours ago, av1 said:

Even though there are a couple of players in the squad that I like, I'm getting to the stage where I wouldn't be upset if every single one of them left. 

I think we need to do what Wolves did, Jackett cleared out all the Premier League underachieves who got them relegated again and built a complete new squad. granted it will be difficult in one summer but we need to clear out the shit and negative mentalities like Westwood 

interesting replies,

thinking about it, i think alot of the foreign players will leave, even the ones wed like to think will stay, i read that both crespo and gil are unsettled so they're bound to leave, and other just think they're too good for us despite being the culprits that have got us relegated.

i really hope we can keep hold of amavi, veretout, bacuna (we need a RB), and traore.

hopefully is time for lads like gardner, donacien, mason, lyden, lyons-foster, kinsella, sellers and robinson to step up

Go 442 and play proper wingers 

team I wanna see

--------------------------New GK---------------------

New RB------------Okore------New CB------------Amavi

Traore------------Gana---------Veretout-----------New winger

-------------------Gestede--------New striker/Gil just behind

try and keep Clark, Westwood and Sanchez and Bunn coz at least they are professional and will give 100% when called upon.

the rest can go **** themselves.

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think we need to do what Wolves did, Jackett cleared out all the Premier League underachieves who got them relegated again and built a complete new squad. granted it will be difficult in one summer but we need to clear out the shit and negative mentalities like Westwood 

I couldn't agree more. I can't see how you can create a new atmosphere that breads a winning mentality with to many from a squad that is so used to losing. 

As you say, a complete clear out will be difficult to achieve in one summer, but taking one step back in order to take a couple of steps forward would be a better long term solution then sticking with current personnel IMO. 

Edited by av1

5 hours ago, Jareth said:

I'd like to see a young and hungry team of dogs, chasing everything down, giving 100% effort. Hollis may not feed them pedigree chum.

Young and hungry rings a bell, was that part of the bright future we were promised?

:trollface:

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

I think we'll see a lot more new players than people are expecting. I think it's quite unrealistic that we'll be starting the first game of the season with only a couple of new players.

I also think there will be a big turnover of personnel, the worrying part is the quality of the incomers. 

Teams in the Championship are now spending big bucks chashing the dream, I'm not sure we'll be in the same market. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Young and hungry rings a bell, was that part of the bright future we were promised?

:trollface:

Turned out to be young and thirsty...

Or does it count if Grealish gets the munchies?

1 minute ago, sne said:

Turned out to be young and thirsty...

Or does it count if Grealish gets the munchies?

We've had a few old and hungry over the last few years. 

Gabby and Holt spring to mind. 

Olejnik

Justin Hoyte

Jay Demerit

David Wheater

Paul Konchesky

Joey Barton

Jamie O'Hara

Alan Smith

Carlos Edwards

Jose Baxter

Nile Ranger

Subs : Michael Mifsud, Franny Jeffers, Rowan Vine, Chris Baird, Roger Johnson, Enckleman, Giles Barnes.

Something shit like that I imagine.