The Rest Of This Season

London Villa

So I've been trying to work out what to do for the rest of the season.

I don't want to spend every weekend driving up to Brum to watch the worse side I've ever seen at Villa Park put no effort into 90 minutes of humiliation. I also don't want to put another penny in Lerners pocket. I certainly don't want to spend a fortune on fuel and sit in a car for 5 hours just  to get home and be depressed.

But I don't want to stop watching football on a Saturday afternoon.

I got to thinking of those weekeds when there are no PL games and fans are encouraged to watch their local 'small team' and supporting grass roots football.

Well it's not quite grass roots but I've decided that for the rest of the season I'll be watching Wealdstone FC (currently 15th in the Vanarama League South)for the rest of the season. Home of the infamous raider.

It's not about protesting, it's about me getting my love for football back as it's slowly been eroded away over the last few seasons. Last weekend was when I realised I just can't (and no longer want to) justify giving so much time and money to watching football (Villa) when it makes me so angry and unhappy. I've no doubt that I'll be checking my phone every two minutes for Villa scores but I really hope I don't. I want to be so far removed from what is happening at VP right now that I can enjoy weekends again and not spend the whole week praying for some sort of miracle that hings are changing at our rotten club.

I'm hoping that it will reignite my passion for next season (of course I'll be back - I'll never lose that feeling of awe when you walk up the steps and see the green pitch surrounded by the glory that is Villa Park). But I also hope that ion the meantime I'll be giving a few £££'s to a football club that genuinely needs it and is there serving it's community and not some wan*er in the States looking a a balance sheet.

For those of you hat keep the faith at VP I salute you (but I think you're a tiny bit mental as well).

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, London Villa said:

So I've been trying to work out what to do for the rest of the season.

I don't want to spend every weekend driving up to Brum to watch the worse side I've ever seen at Villa Park put no effort into 90 minutes of humiliation. I also don't want to put another penny in Lerners pocket. I certainly don't want to spend a fortune on fuel and sit in a car for 5 hours just  to get home and be depressed.

But I don't want to stop watching football on a Saturday afternoon.

I got to thinking of those weekeds when there are no PL games and fans are encouraged to watch their local 'small team' and supporting grass roots football.

Well it's not quite grass roots but I've decided that for the rest of the season I'll be watching Wealdstone FC (currently 15th in the Vanarama League South)for the rest of the season. Home of the infamous raider.

It's not about protesting, it's about me getting my love for football back as it's slowly been eroded away over the last few seasons. Last weekend was when I realised I just can't (and no longer want to) justify giving so much time and money to watching football (Villa) when it makes me so angry and unhappy. I've no doubt that I'll be checking my phone every two minutes for Villa scores but I really hope I don't. I want to be so far removed from what is happening at VP right now that I can enjoy weekends again and not spend the whole week praying for some sort of miracle that hings are changing at our rotten club.

I'm hoping that it will reignite my passion for next season (of course I'll be back - I'll never lose that feeling of awe when you walk up the steps and see the green pitch surrounded by the glory that is Villa Park). But I also hope that ion the meantime I'll be giving a few £££'s to a football club that genuinely needs it and is there serving it's community and not some wan*er in the States looking a a balance sheet.

For those of you hat keep the faith at VP I salute you (but I think you're a tiny bit mental as well).

I haven't had an ST at Villa Park since the Houllier season and I stopped going all together after Lambert's 1st season as it was crap. I go and watch my local team Sutton if I want to watch live footy or sometimes Boldmere St Michael.

Its much more entertaining and the beer is better

I will be honest enough to say that I couldnt watch football game with much exciting if its not related to myeam. Either Villa or my local team.

In a relegation battle I watch other teams games nervously. Without these nerves some of the football excitement goes.

I find this with big teams games. I couldnt stay still for the whole game. Although the football played is much better than the **** we see everyweek. Yet it lacks something.

I agree eith what you say though. We say we wont watch yet ending up in a much worse position by looking at the score all the time.

I remember before Wycombe game I hated anything related to PL. I usually put the alarm before tge game if im sleeping  . I didnt the day and hoped it wont be on tv. I ended up waking up and watching it.

After Liverpool game I ran away from all football sites as it reminds you with that ****. Now I know before we play Stoke again I will start reading and looking forward and having hope again.

I dont know what to say. Im trying to look forward for the Championship. Trying to find positives. Fearing from the worst.

One of the things is that how would I look at the PL it would be painful. From now Im starting to feel this by hearing any praise for the PL.

I will be trying to concentrate on my local team. But I dont think I will. Atleast until Villa are down mathematically. Newcastle getting down with us would ease the case.

Â