Get Well Soon Ken McNaught

NorthernGordon

Just read on Facebook that legendary defender Ken McNaught of the 1982 European Cup winning side, is waiting to undergo a major heart transplant.

His operation was cancelled today and he's having to wait a bit longer for it.

Speedy recovery Ken, could do with someone like you in the side today.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, NorthernGordon said:

Just read on Facebook that legendary defender Ken McNaught of the 1982 European Cup winning side, is waiting to undergo a major heart transplant.

His operation was cancelled today and he's having to wait a bit longer for it.

Speedy recovery Ken, could do with someone like you in the side today.

Just to clarify Ken isn't having a "transplant". I have spoken to him several times over the last few months and is he having heart surgery to correct an issue. He has been awaiting the operation for a quite a while. Like everyone else I hope everything goes to plan and wish him a speedy recovery. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 16/02/2016 at 00:50, MikeMcKenna said:

Just to clarify Ken isn't having a "transplant". I have spoken to him several times over the last few months and is he having heart surgery to correct an issue. He has been awaiting the operation for a quite a while. Like everyone else I hope everything goes to plan and wish him a speedy recovery. 

Sickening really. If he was some bang average modern player he would have had it done within days of the issue arising at some hideously expensive private clinic in Geneva or somewhere. I hate to hear how some truly great players of the past have to run pubs or whatever to make ends meet when you know the current crop will live multi millionaire lifestyles,  when not fit to even fetch the laces of someone like Ken's boots from the cupboard for someone else to lace. Get well soon Ken. 

He & Allan Evans were by far the best central defence i have watched at VP... oh for a team like that now! Loved Ken, rugged, strong and great in the air.

All the best Villa teams have had a good Scottish connection and we seem to lack that today, Hutton is not in the same league!

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Â