Pre-Match Thread

John

On 23/02/2016 at 22:53, supernova26 said:

I'll be taking the 5-1 on us to beat them. Reactionary performance. Stoke have lost 3 out of their last 4 3-0 !

No they haven't.

ff86a5db225d86a1dc522c0b97ace25b.png

And if we go by this forum's logic where the most recent result is king, they're on pretty good form :P  They've had a tough run of fixtures tbf and I think we're getting them at just the wrong time.

EDIT : Apologies, you're talking about league.  Yes, add a 3-0 Leicester defeat to the above.

• Like 1

Have to admit that I lost all hope of staying up after watching the Liverpool defeat. We obviously don't see what goes on in training but I would now like us to blood a couple of the younger players. That's see if some of them are good enough:

---------------------Guzan------------------------

Hutton------Okore--------Clark-------Cissokho

---------------------Gana-------------------------

-----------Lyden------------Veretout------------

--------Gil------Agbonlahor------Sellars--------

Not a great team is it and think we will lose 2-1, but as long as we see some fight, passion etc.

Bench of:  Bunn, Richards, Lescott, Bacuna, Westwood, Sinclair, Gestede.

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Likely to be 5 points away from safety if we win this - as sunderland and norwich have very tough fixtures. But I have no hope that we can win.

But this season, every time there have been 'tough' fixtures, one of the bottom 5/6 have pulled a result out of nowhere.  Except us.

I just fancied meandering on over to this thread, you know, as a diversion from all the main stuff.

I have an idea, a quaint  idea, that in the corner of Villatown, there is a little tiny patch of land, up an alleyway, -  away from the fans kicking each other whilst Randy and the rest of the local mafia thugs snigger nervously - and on that little scrubby dirty bumpy spot,surrounded by a high, basketball court fence, there's a few people stood aimlessly around, hands in pockets, waiting to watch a game of football.

Oh, hang on, those guys are the PLAYERS.....never mind. 

Am I going to hand over a load of cash to the Americans stood at the gate, and join in with few zombie-like chaps stood as if waiting for a public execution ?  They must be the spectators.  It'll be cold, expensive, and utterly, utterly pointless. It will almost certainly be devoid of anything remotely resembling entertainment.  I mean, the other group of players are Stoke FFS - and the people here to watch them are only interested in singing about a biblical character.  So no joy there.

And afterwards, I'll trudge bleakly back through the rest of Villatown with its accidental twitterers, flash cars, redundant staff, despondent residents, oddly out of place multimillionaires, and kids asking if they can go to Liverpool or Man United next week (although oddly, although its SOOO much closer, none asking if they can go to St Andrews).

And Match of the Day will come on, and I'll ask the missus if she wouldn't mind if we had sex instead, and I'll go to bed, and look at the League Table, and, well, nothing.

Nah, I'd be out of my mind to even contemplate it...............

• Like 1

Really starting to dislike weekends. But hey always weigh up the positives and negatives.

Positive: If we go on a stormer, we could be out of the shit by next weekend.

Negative: We won't.

Saying that, I think 2-0 Villa.