Pre-Match Thread

John

Our 27th league game of this awful season will be at Stoke on Saturday 27/2 (15.00 kick-off). Stoke have become another of our bogey sides since their return to the top flight and we have won only 2 of the 15 league games we have played against them since 2008. The last of those wins came in The Potteries 2 years ago. It could be argued that neither team is now left with much to play for this season. If we play anything like as badly as we did against Liverpool another very uncomfortable afternoon awaits us and Bunn is likely to be picking the ball out of the net on a regular basis once again.

For me our players do still have something left to play for on Saturday week. They have the club's pride as well as the fans who have supported the club through thick, thin and thinner to play for (as well as their wages). I hope our players will appreciate that this has now become a "must win" game. They owe us this one and more! Lets see if they are bothered enough to show that they care about the club they play for, their professional pride or their fans by turning up for this one and fighting for the points.     

• Like 2

I can see no situation in which we win this one - and a number where it's painful to watch.

-----------------------Guzan------------------------

Hutton------Richards--------Okore-----Cissokho

---------Gana----Westwood---Veretout-----------

-----------------------Gil----------------------------

-----------Sinclair------------Agbonlahor----------

Is the best I can come up with. 

If Lescott plays I would hope he gets 90 minutes of home truths. If we had another centre back that was any good, Richards wouldn't be playing, Bacuna needs a break to have a think.

Bench of:

Bunn, Clark, Lescott, Richardson, Lyden, Grealish and Keinan Davis.

Typing this has made me feel a bit sad.

God knows Scott but I wouldn't be surprised.  In all honesty does it really matter any more? We may as well have a laugh and maybe,  just maybe ,  my comment was a bit more light hearted than some on here over the last few days

4 hours ago, Richard said:

God knows Scott but I wouldn't be surprised.  In all honesty does it really matter any more? We may as well have a laugh and maybe,  just maybe ,  my comment was a bit more light hearted than some on here over the last few days

You really wouldn't be surprised if we lost five nil and someone genuinely said they thought it at least showed we were improving?

I'm not clear on the lightheartedness. You're lightheartedly suggesting that people who like the manager and consider him as an improvement on the last one aren't what exactly?

................Guzan

Hutton.Okore.Clark.Cissokho

..Westwood.Gana.Veretout

...........Gil......Grealish

............Gestede

Subs: Bunn, Kinsella, Suliman, Lyden, Calder, Davis, Sellars

Quite happy not seeing the likes of Me-Cah, Lescott, Gabby and Sinclair for a while.

6 hours ago, Richie k said:

bunn

richards okore lescott cissokho

nzogbia gana westwood richardson

gabby kozak

sure why not

Kozak has a broken ankle

Bunn

Bacuna Okore Lescott Cissokho

Sanchez

Gueye Mason

Gil

Agbonlahor Sellars

Guzan Hutton Clark Grealish Veretout Westwood Nzogbia or Sinclair

Last chance for Bacuna. Perform or be dropped. Lescott also gets a chance to redeem himself with Clark waiting to replace him.

A young team not without the potential to snatch a victory.