• Ravens
    • Jets
    • Giants
    • Dolphins
    • Jaguars
    • Saints
    • Other

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

@BOF what i took away from that link is that i really want to know more about the quad cities river bandits...

For me it was the Montgomery Biscuits :lol: I mean WTF ?

This has to be the most boring season I've ever witnessed in the NFL. Feels like it's pretty much the same old teams as well, last year was a bit of a novelty. Rule changes are pretty much killing the sport, it's all about which QB you have.

4 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

This has to be the most boring season I've ever witnessed in the NFL. Feels like it's pretty much the same old teams as well, last year was a bit of a novelty. Rule changes are pretty much killing the sport, it's all about which QB you have.

I have been saying this all season . Been a bit of a letdown, hasn't it .

The Chargers to LA move is a scandal, such a joke. Pure greed by Spanos, nothing less. They could have renovated the current stadium, end of. Or they could have ponied up the cash themselves. 50 years right down the toilet. And now Oakland making a move too, with Jones and Kraft giving their blessing. Pathetic. 

43 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The Chargers to LA move is a scandal, such a joke. Pure greed by Spanos, nothing less. They could have renovated the current stadium, end of. Or they could have ponied up the cash themselves. 50 years right down the toilet. And now Oakland making a move too, with Jones and Kraft giving their blessing. Pathetic. 

I don't know how billionaire sports owners have the cheek to expect local authorities to pay for stadiums .

The whole franchise moving thing is the one part of this game that disgusts me .

10 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

The whole franchise moving thing is the one part of this game that disgusts me .

Completely agree.  But what compounds this move is the fact that the Chargers are moving into the backyard of a long-time hated rival.  So fans who probably supported the Raiders for donkey's years are now expected to turn up and cheer on the Chargers?  I know the American sports fan is different in many ways to the European fan, and maybe they can do that because they're used to it happening from time to time. But I couldn't do it. 

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Completely agree.  But what compounds this move is the fact that the Chargers are moving into the backyard of a long-time hated rival.  So fans who probably supported the Raiders for donkey's years are now expected to turn up and cheer on the Chargers?  I know the American sports fan is different in many ways to the European fan, and maybe they can do that because they're used to it happening from time to time. But I couldn't do it. 

The Raiders are California's best supported team ... and they are the ones moving out . It's mental .

1 minute ago, Brumerican said:

The Raiders are California's best supported team ... and they are the ones moving out . It's mental .

That's surprising.  I'd have guessed the 49ers but I suppose the Raiders benefit from non-football fans being familiar through their brand and merchandising.

Just now, BOF said:

That's surprising.  I'd have guessed the 49ers but I suppose the Raiders benefit from non-football fans being familiar through their brand and merchandising.

Not sure how accurate that was to be fair but I'm sure they sell twice as many shirts as the other state teams . 

Just now, Brumerican said:

Not sure how accurate that was to be fair but I'm sure they sell twice as many shirts as the other state teams . 

Yep if it's based on shirt sales I'd say the whole rap scene benefits the Raiders massively.