• Colts
    • Ravens
    • Jets
    • Giants
    • Dolphins
    • Jaguars
    • Saints
    • Other

Nah, the trade deadline is during the regular season. Sometime before Christmas iirc.

The deadline you're referring to might be the one by which franchise tagged players have to sign their deals, although I'm not sure exactly. Putting two and two together.

Edited by abdomlahor

I like the deal for Snacks, but the Vernon one is a too much. Gotta trust your draft picks at some point. I guess it happens when you get gashed by the run all last year. Giants left themselves a bit light on the o-line though?

Danny Trevathan signs for the Bears. 4-year, $28M

So that's all our expected losses gone + Brock. Glad they stayed out of the AFCW.

Now, some solid drafting please.

18 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Was he though?

Last year proved you don't need a QB anyway :P

To expand on both of those because I kind of agree with both.  I was not overly-impressed with Brock.  He was steady and unremarkable.  Now I accept that he was very inexperienced and that he might have been more concerned with not f**king up rather than trying to shine, but I think there's as good out there.

And on the second point and further to the first one, we showed that all we need in that position is someone who will not make a balls of it and who will occasionally throw a TD.  Our D is such that if we can get through the regular season then we'll be hard to beat regardless.  Maybe Brock was part of the solution BECAUSE he's steady, but I won't be losing any sleep over it.

6 hours ago, Milfner said:

I like the deal for Snacks, but the Vernon one is a too much. Gotta trust your draft picks at some point. I guess it happens when you get gashed by the run all last year. Giants left themselves a bit light on the o-line though?

3 of the 5 starters on the o-line are fine. Flowers, Pugh and Richburg will form one of the best trios in the league I think. The only real issue is that we need either a RT or a RG, which can be sorted over the next few days as we still have around $25m left (not including draft pick salaries, so maybe more like $20m in reality)

6 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Overpaid much?

Without a shadow of a doubt. These type of deals will become more a more common though the way the cap is inflating every year.

Robert Ayers and Prince Amukamara visiting the Jags. Prince i'm not so bothered about. He's a solid corner when he's on the field but he misses too many games. 

I really wanted us to keep Ayers though, he's so underrated. I'll miss him.

Johnny Football is available now.  I wonder did the poisonous football environment of Cleveland inordinately affect his talents and might he fare better in a more positive surrounding ... stranger things have happened.

Either way, the one thing I'm not concerned about with Elway in charge is the QB position.  We'll be fine.  I'm also confident we wouldn't have let Brock go if Elway wanted to keep him.  Which reinforces what I did (or rather didn't) see in him.

Newbie here... so some questions that might come across as a bit simple but might help me understand more

I see Denver are losing a lot of players considering they won the Superbowl? Why is that? Are they free agents and can negotiate better salaries elsewhere?

Also, I see the term 'cap' mentioned a lot. I assume salary cap? Are all the teams salary cap the same? Or do they vary depending on circumstances? 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Newbie here... so some questions that might come across as a bit simple but might help me understand more

I see Denver are losing a lot of players considering they won the Superbowl? Why is that? Are they free agents and can negotiate better salaries elsewhere?

Also, I see the term 'cap' mentioned a lot. I assume salary cap? Are all the teams salary cap the same? Or do they vary depending on circumstances? 

1) Yeah that's exactly. Plenty of FAs demanding more money than denver could give

2) It is the same for everyone, but at the same time it isn't. Different states have different levels of income tax, so players can earn more there.

• Like 1