Stop going

foreveryoung

I do not understand, after being full on shafted by the board, them knowing what we need to go forward, an just totally ignoring us consumers, (sorry fans) yet again, that fans continue to go to games. The board couldn't give f**** about us. I understand there are fans that go whatever, but where are 20k+ fans still coming from at VP.

We have got to start making a stand, STOP GOING TO THE GAMES, many of us already have. We are being taken for mugs. Today's game is the example of not bringing in new signings, something the board were not interested in. Guys they don't give a shit if we stay in the Premier league, an I can guarantee they will be more than happy for us to be relegated, thinking its a easier ride in the Championship, an we will save some money, something which is Lerner, Hollis and Fox's main priority now and in the future.

• Like 4

Doubt many would bother now. I've lost interest in the club didn't think I would ever say that. Don't care about the management, players and most of all the board. A new owner would probably reignite my interest again, as it stands like the players I just can't be bothered anymore.

• Like 1

Turn up but don't enter the ground, don't buy a ticket, don't buy a pie. Stand on the Holte steps, in the north car park, underneath the Trinity and behind the metal gates of the Doug Ellis and listen on the radio, singing songs about the Villa.

Show the world and prospective buyers that the support is there if you treat the club with respect, but if you don't we are willing to disappear from the cameras.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 4

I have a season ticket for last 6 years but this season went first 4 home games and stopped going ever since even though paid the money!

I am not putting ANY money into Lerner's pocket again for match day stuff, tickets or merchandise and i suggest any season ticket holders on here forfeit the rest of the games and stop going and putting money into that **** pocket!!

Next season if people don't buy tickets etc than watch Lerner **** off as quick as he possibly can

It's the only way!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

To many think like this chap, which is why we still get 20k + attendances.

Ok then, explain how you think us getting attendances of <10k would actually change anything? Lerner's tried to sell and he can't - we're stuck with him until someone comes along and buys us.

• Like 2

That means less revenue and less money to spend on players....Randy won't take the financial hit but the club itself would.

I wouldn't blame anybody for not wanting to go, but to do it in protest is counter-productive. 

Randy is the club or haven't you worked that out yet?

Just now, Mantis said:

Ok then, explain how you think us getting attendances of <10k would actually change anything? Lerner's tried to sell and he can't - we're stuck with him until someone comes along and buys us.

Pride chap pride.

Though i'm beginning to realise why fans still go. Cheers for the insight mantis

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Pride chap pride.

Though i'm beginning to realise why fans still go. Cheers for the insight mantis

I don't really see where pride comes into this? I thought the goal was getting Lerner out and improving the situation and IMO I don't see boycotting games as achieving this.

There's pros and cons to it really. Depending on how much the board want to spend next season.

If people stop going, money stops going in the club. Likely the board won't spend in the summer, the clubs value goes down so the asking price surely goes down. 

If people don't buy season tickets it's largely the same effect.

Its a risk which could make or break the club next season.

Lerner is destroying this club, he needs to really get stuck in and sort his mess out, or we'll all be left with nothing by the end.

25 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

That means less revenue and less money to spend on players....Randy won't take the financial hit but the club itself would.

I wouldn't blame anybody for not wanting to go, but to do it in protest is counter-productive. 

How is it counter-productive to not give money to incompetents who squander it?

Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 1

we want lerner out and he wants out. the players are not good enough and mentally are not up for the challenge, and most of them also want out. if the fans walk away what else does aston villa fc have? yes its been a bad 6 years but we are not the only club to suffer, just ask leeds fans. the reason we still average around 35k when we are doing woeful is because we are one of the better supported clubs in england and we once was considered a big club. its a tricky situation because people are spending their hard earned money and for what? but boycotting games wont help or make a difference imo. sunderland and newcastle fans are still turning up in their thousands and many other clubs fans would in our position. its a typical villa mentallity, if things are shit dont turn up and thats not a dig at fans,its just what villa fans are like. no club has a fanbase like us where crowds fluctuate so much.

• Like 4

Â