Chinese football

Villaphan04

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Paying £40m for a 32 year old player and paying him God knows how much. This can't be sustainable, it just can't.

This is going to end very badly.

It will end badly unless your name is Carlos Tevez, in which case your laughing all the way to the bank.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Paying £40m for a 32 year old player and paying him God knows how much. This can't be sustainable, it just can't.

I'd say it depends how serious they are about developing the game in China, if your signing these players to improve the standard of the game it will take years, probably a decade before it has an impact on the long term quality of the league, then your counting on the likes of Sky and other world wide to companies buying the rights to broadcast the game.

personally I think they'll abandon the idea when they realise the players are only coming over for a big pay day jolly up 

• Like 1

That.. and the fact you can buy players  but you can't buy heritage.

The English/Spanish/Italian and German leagues have been around for 100-150 years.. players want to play for those, not big spending Shanghai FC..

Not until China has a decent heritage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

i think the fee is £8.1m and the wages make it up to £40m overall 

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

That.. and the fact you can buy players  but you can't buy heritage.

The English/Spanish/Italian and German leagues have been around for 100-150 years.. players want to play for those, not big spending Shanghai FC..

Not until China has a decent heritage. 

hasnt stopped players wanting to sign for RB Leipzig and to a lesser extent  Man City over the years

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

And both of those clubs play in leagues that are 100 years old, like I said. 

to be pedantic the Bundesliga only started in the 60s and RB Leipzig are younger than the Chinese League

True but I have nothing against Leipzig because any competition to Bayern's domination has to be a good thing for the Bundesliga. Chinese football has no credibility yet and may never have but is a concern that they are buying so many football clubs in the UK. Where is it all leading?

Edited by PaulC

On 31 December 2016 at 11:39, PaulC said:

True but I have nothing against Leipzig because any competition to Bayern's domination has to be a good thing for the Bundesliga. Chinese football has no credibility yet and may never have but is a concern that they are buying so many football clubs in the UK. Where is it all leading?

World domination innit

the football stuff is there for all to see, they've bought 4 clubs here, a bit of atletico Madrid, bit of inter Milan, bit of man city, bit of Lyon...at the end of the day they've got over 250 billionaires so there was always going to be some investment, its a weird 2 way street, we've currently got European football trying to force itself down the throat of 1.4bn Chinese people in an attempt to squeeze money out of what will a lucrative market but then at the same time we question their investment in European football or any kind of attempt by the Chinese themselves to get that money

basically the whole Chinese economy seems to revolve around tax reductions, the boom came when they established tax free cities for ten years (first one was Shenzhen in the 80s I think) companies flock to the cities, the cities go nuts, all the people in the countryside flooded them chasing money, massive success, the latest one is a tax reduction for companies investing in sport, the Chinese government want a massive sports industry, the dr buys us, his companies tax goes down basically, I think by 10% which could be a lot of money

They've gone after triathlon, ironman, rugby, what's not really talked about that much is how hard they've gone after broadcasting rights, I think they've bought the World Cup tv rights off the German or Austrian company that had it previously, they've got rugby tv rights, they're investing heavily in to social media streaming of live events (weren't we the first English club to show a game on Facebook since Tony took over?) they've got a deal with FIBA, sports technology companies get the same tax breaks which is the interesting bit that I think one day may impact us

Carlos tevez will obviously grab the headlines but it's much bigger than throwing money around at footballers in some sort of pissing contest

• Like 2

The financial wealth of clubs in the Chinese Super League shows no signs of abating with news that Tianjin Quanjian are prepared to pay 90 million euros to secure the services of Chelsea's Diego Costa.

Despite having a 60m euro bid already rejected that hasn't put the money men off, and such an astronomical fee for a player who is 28 years of age will be hard to turn down.

In 2015/16, newly-promoted Hebei China Fortune were the name on everyone's lips with the signings of Lavezzi, Gervinho and M'Bia, but this year Tianjin Quanjian are ready to take their place. 

Coached by Fabio Cannavaro, the club is willing to test the resolve of Roman Abramovich because they need to find a replacement for outgoing striker, and top scorer of the Chinese second division, Luis Fabiano. 

The ex-Sevilla man leaves the club after helping them achieve promotion and at 36-years-old, his work is done.

Vanderlei Luxembourg had taken the reins but failed to make an impact at the club despite a cash injection of some 40m euros. 

He was replaced mid-season by Cannavaro who has taken them up, but now the hard work really begins because, unless some top names can be secured, it will be a long, hard season for the league's newest members.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2017/01/01/5869203922601da32e8b4611.html.

This is so ridiculous. 

Â