Chinese football

Villaphan04

40 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Living in Australia our teams play the Chinese teams in the Asian version of the Champions League. 

I went along when my local side, Sydney FC played Shandong Luneng in the knockout rounds. Sydney were a much better 'team', the Chinese players were truly dire, but Shandong had two strikers from South America who were heads and shoulders better than anyone on the pitch. It was pretty frustrating to watch their game plan to lump the ball up to the front two who would then make something happen. Unfortunately they ended up going through on the away goals rule.  

Pretty worrying for Chinese football if that's the case. Reminds me of when I was younger, in year 7 our team just got hammered by a local school because they just hoofed it to the 2 massive forwards who would scare headers for fun. By year 10, we were hammering them because we learned how to play football and they hadn't developed because of the same crap tactic.

19 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Pretty worrying for Chinese football if that's the case. Reminds me of when I was younger, in year 7 our team just got hammered by a local school because they just hoofed it to the 2 massive forwards who would scare headers for fun. By year 10, we were hammering them because we learned how to play football and they hadn't developed because of the same crap tactic.

This happens in every sport. I had my growth spurt early and was probably a foot taller than everyone else when I was 12 or 13, so I was absolutely dominant at everything.

Then everyone caught up to me in height and they'd all developed a lot more skill than I had by having to counter the fact that I was so much bigger stronger and faster than them.

Ideally, if you have kids who you want to be great sportsmen, you want them to be midgets until late in their teens and then shoot up 2 feet IMO.

Chinese clubs to limit the number of foreigners that can play each game to 3 as of March (season start).

Will be (semi) interesting for Shanghai Shenhua who have Carlos Tevez, Demba Ba, Obafemi Martins, Fredy Guarin, Giovanni Moreno and a couple of other foreigners on their books.

Just now, bobzy said:

Chinese clubs to limit the number of foreigners that can play each game to 3 as of March (season start).

Will be (semi) interesting for Shanghai Shenhua who have Carlos Tevez, Demba Ba, Obafemi Martins, Fredy Guarin, Giovanni Moreno and a couple of other foreigners on their books.

Three can play but they can have five in a match squad. So little impact you'd have thought as they wouldn't all play you would think besides Martins is almost 60.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Three can play but they can have five in a match squad. So little impact you'd have thought as they wouldn't all play you would think besides Martins is almost 60.

It's strange, and rather pointless, that you can have 5 in a matchday squad if you're only allowed to play 3 of them per game.  That's throwing away 2 sub spots I'd have thought.

Chinese Super League clubs will only be allowed to play three non-Chinese players per game in their next season - which begins in March.

A rule change has reduced the number of foreigners allowed in a move which could slow down the wave of big-money signings from Europe.

Previously the rule was "4+1" - four foreigners of any nationality plus one Asian in a matchday squad.

Teams will now also be required to name two under-23 Chinese players in their matchday squads, with at least one in the starting XI, with the Chinese Football Association also looking into "signature fees and other illegal activities" in recent transfers.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Well, Ba could come on for Tevez I guess.  Probably better than the local lad as a sub.

The wording of the article above suggests that bringing a foreigner on for a foreigner would technically be using a 4th foreigner on the day and therefore not allowed.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

The wording of the article above suggests that bringing a foreigner on for a foreigner would technically be using a 4th foreigner on the day and therefore not allowed.

Very true - assume it's an error.  This article words it pretty exactly:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10729906/chinese-football-association-impose-foreign-player-cuts-in-super-league

"Every team will only be allowed to have three foreign players on the pitch at one time, and can only have five in the 18-man match day squad."

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Very true - assume it's an error.  This article words it pretty exactly:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10729906/chinese-football-association-impose-foreign-player-cuts-in-super-league

"Every team will only be allowed to have three foreign players on the pitch at one time, and can only have five in the 18-man match day squad."

Yep that's certainly more clarification and a more deliberate wording.  Top work Auntie once again letting her journalistic standards slip.

On 1/15/2017 at 03:34, kurtsimonw said:

English football in a nutshell.

Teams are taught to win rather than develop. And at younger levels it means the bigger stronger kids succeed.

That's why we lack technique as a nation, imo.

theres a couple of leagues with similar rules to that, from FM im sure in russia you have to have 5 russians on the pitch at any point

you'd be pissed as an owner if you'd gone out and bought 5/6 foreigners on massive wages, which tbf they encouraged them to do, only to be told you cant play them

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

theres a couple of leagues with similar rules to that, from FM im sure in russia you have to have 5 russians on the pitch at any point

you'd be pissed as an owner if you'd gone out and bought 5/6 foreigners on massive wages, which tbf they encouraged them to do, only to be told you cant play them

Not the place for it, but I think English teams should adopt a similar rule. 

Not feasible I don't think as wouldn't it be classed as illegal in the UK?

i dont know, it almost seems like a loop hole, the law might be that you cant restrict the number of foreigners, so for example you cant say the starting 11 can only have 5 foreigners but if you look at the 25 man squad rules which say something like 8 home grown players theres obviously scope for it, if you take that 8 home grown player in the 25 man squad rule and make it 8 home grown players in the match day squad then i dont really see the huge difference between the 2

my problem with that would be that english player fees and wages would go even higher, there needs to be a balance between an english players ability and their value which at the moment we are getting badly wrong

give it a couple of years and it'll be interesting to see if the best chinese players start to realise their value in that system, id say at a guess straight away there are no foreign keepers over there

34 minutes ago, Xela said:

Not the place for it, but I think English teams should adopt a similar rule. 

Not feasible I don't think as wouldn't it be classed as illegal in the UK?

Don't we already adopt a "homegrown" quota?  Could just extend that.

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

is Demba Ba back playing? I didnt think he would play again after that injury he got

• 2 months later...

That decision is indefensible.

If the ref didn't see it, how can he give a yellow? If he has seen it, to give a yellow should just be sackable.Either way, the ref has dropped a bollock.

Â