Chinese football

Villaphan04

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

in fairness them Brazilian players really wouldnt add much. Diego Tardelli was pretty poor when played in Europe nearly 10 years ago at Betis and doubt he much better now

Aye but if they start signing next level up like Oscar.....don't see what the fuss is about but he's a key player for Brazil.

maybe but Brazil dont usually call up players that play in Ukraine which is probably a better standard league at the moment. Willian, Fernandinho had to move to England to become squad regulars

• 2 months later...
On 10/02/2016 at 08:35, S-Platt said:

So with all that money to spend why don't they buy Villa and have a team in the most popular league in the world (ok maybe not next year!) 

There has to be some minted Chinese consortium that can see the potential.

They can use the Villa brand on a team in their own league too.

I take it communism went out the window over there then?

ITK! S-Platt called it! 

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

ITK! S-Platt called it! 

Haha if they have a Villa team in the Chinese League playing in our colours then maybe I will ask for a job on the board!

• 5 months later...

Andre Villas-Boas has become Shanghai's new manager replacing Sven-Goran Eriksson. Apparently earning 11 million per year. 

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37869895

Former Chelsea and Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas is set to earn a reported £11m a year after taking over Chinese Super League team Shanghai SIPG.

He replaces former England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson, who left the club on Thursday after two years in charge.

Shanghai finished second and third in the league under the 68-year-old Swede.

"Andre Villas-Boas is the leading young manager in European football, with a huge amount of passion and coaching experience," a Shanghai statement said.

"We are convinced his arrival will enrich the tactical nous of the team, unearth the potential of our young talents and guide our club to scale new heights."

Portuguese Villas-Boas, 39, had been without a job since leaving Russian side Zenit St Petersburg at the end of last season.

• 1 month later...

Andre Villas-Boas has made a stunning £60million bid to take Chelsea midfielder Oscar to China in January.

Former Chelsea manager Villas-Boas wants Oscar to join him at Shanghai SIPG, having seen the Brazilian fall out of favour at Stamford Bridge under head coach Antonio Conte.

Jiangsu Suning, who made an offer to sign Oscar last summer, and Guangzhou Evergrande, managed by Luiz Felipe Scolari, have also shown an interest but Villas-Boas is confident of landing the 25-year-old.

Chelsea will not be able to refuse £60m for Oscar, who they signed from Brazilian club Internacional for £25m in 2012, and it is understood the player is now open to the prospect of moving to China.

David Luiz became the most expensive player to leave Chelsea when he joined Paris Saint-Germain in 2014, but Oscar could now beat that record.

Villas-Boas was appointed manager of Shanghai SIPG at the start of November and already has two Brazilians, Hulk and Elkeson, in his squad.

The Portuguese tried to sign Oscar for Tottenham Hotspur before he joined Chelsea and has remained a big fan of the player.

Should the move go through, then this will be the second successive year in which Chelsea have sold one of their Brazilians to China for big money, having recouped over £20m from Jiangsu Suning for Ramires last January.

Ramires managed to double the salary he was paid at Chelsea by moving to China on a £10m-a-year-deal and Oscar can expect a similarly significant increase to his wages.

Oscar started the first five Premier League games of the season under Conte, but lost his place after the home defeat to Liverpool.

Since that game and the successful switch in formation Oscar has only started in the League Cup tie against West Ham United, which Chelsea lost.

He was not in the squad for last weekend’s victory over West Bromwich Albion due to illness and could well have played his last game for the Blues.

The prospect of Oscar moving to China in January may well increase the likelihood of Cesc Fabregas, who has come back into the reckoning over recent weeks, staying at Stamford Bridge.

Asked about the future of Fabregas ahead of Wednesday night’s Premier League game against Sunderland, Conte said: “Cesc is an important player for us.

“He played a key match against Manchester City and played very well. In the last match, he came on very well during the game. Tomorrow I have still to decide the starting XI, but Cesc is always a good choice, for me. He is an important player and in the squad of Chelsea. Now this is the reality.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/13/andre-villas-boas-makes-stunning-60m-transfer-bid-bring-chelseas/

60 Million :P

Edited by Villaphan04

So, Oscar at 25, is off chasing money. £400k a week. I can see the attraction but its not as if he's a pauper now.

Players at the age of 31-32 I can fully understand chasing a final payday but coming into the prime of your career? Shows a huge lack of ambition 

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

So, Oscar at 25, is off chasing money. £400k a week. I can see the attraction but its not as if he's a pauper now.

Players at the age of 31-32 I can fully understand chasing a final payday but coming into the prime of your career? Shows a huge lack of ambition 

is it any different than 21 year old Oscar leaving Brazil for England for a 100k pay rise

I think the attitude towards Chinese clubs signing these players are ridiculous at the moment

Yes it is different because the Premier League is one of the most esteemed leagues in the world and allows players to test themselves against the very best and also in Europe, if they play for a top team.

Oscar won't develop as a player in China. He developed as a  player coming here.

Pure greed is all it is. 

I get annoyed by the snobbish attitude towards players moving to China or wherever. Oscar doubtless doesn't come from a background of endless wealth and affluence. Given a chance to earn an amount of money that would set up not just himself, but his whole family, for many years to come, he's taking it. No judgement from me. 

I can definitely see the appeal... quadruple your salary for an easier job. Its a dream scenario!

I still think its putting money over career advancement though.

career advancement? He cant get a game for Chelsea and club career will probably only see him go to mid-table teams

Shaqiri from Inter to Stoke or Hojberg from Bayern to Southampton have hardly made career advancement in recent windows when they came to Premier League

Â