Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Norwich

limpid

I liked the bit when we scored two goals and the other side didn't score one.

Gabby has to more to get in my good books but did well today. I don't want him waiting another 11 months to score again.

Had some luck today. 3 shots on target and 2 goals. Norwich are going down with us. Terrible. It was a crap game but who cares.

We have played worse than that though this season- remember Everton?

Yeah so Stevo said. TBH i struggle to think of any. 

(NOTE....I do not include any games from the Sherwood era in this statement)

Everton, Arsenal, Sunderland. Comfortably. We were a defensive shambles against Watford too.

But a bit weird that you don't include Sherwood games. You kinda threw a curve ball there!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Everton, Arsenal, Sunderland. Comfortably. We were a defensive shambles against Watford too.

But a bit weird that you don't include Sherwood games. You kinda threw a curve ball there!

See (Except Everton) I thought we played better in all those games. But its all subjective as to what you consider playing well, as well as relative to who you are playing.

Yesterday we were outplayed by a team with even less resources than ourselves, at home.

Against Sunderland and Arsenal (to a lesser degree) we produced some moments of quality going forward. Yesterday I struggle to think of many chances that we didnt score from, or even any decent progressive play.

Im sure if we broke down the games you would have a great arguement, its just the way i remember them, but its all rather academic. 

The point was that its sods law that we win a game playing so poorly when we have deserved more in many more games.

• Like 1

See (Except Everton) I thought we played better in all those games. But its all subjective as to what you consider playing well, as well as relative to who you are playing.

Yesterday we were outplayed by a team with even less resources than ourselves, at home.

Against Sunderland and Arsenal (to a lesser degree) we produced some moments of quality going forward. Yesterday I struggle to think of many chances that we didnt score from, or even any decent progressive play.

Im sure if we broke down the games you would have a great arguement, its just the way i remember them, but its all rather academic. 

The point was that its sods law that we win a game playing so poorly when we have deserved more in many more games.

Whilst I agree that for the most part yesterday we were lacking quality going into the final 3rd, it was still a decent defensive performance. Requisite shakey last 5 minutes notwithstanding. I can't agree that we were "outplayed", Norwich were and are certainly worse than us. Whatever happens, I'm confident of finishing above them.

We were outplayed by Southampton, we barely looked like scoring. But we faught like lions and won a hard earned point. Yesterday we ground out a victory instead, I prefer the second performance myself.

• Like 1

I dont doubt that we fought hard, its how we won the game imo.

However on most other weeks we have had to endure this season at least 1 or 2 of those half chances they made in that second half (I counted 6 or 7) would have gone in.

I not going to try and convince anyone to change their mind on how they saw the game, its just the way i saw it.

We fashioned nothing, they did.

I dont doubt that we fought hard, its how we won the game imo.

However on most other weeks we have had to endure this season at least 1 or 2 of those half chances they made in that second half (I counted 6 or 7) would have gone in.

I not going to try and convince anyone to change their mind on how they saw the game, its just the way i saw it.

We fashioned nothing, they did.

Well the stats don't back you. We fashioned 2 goals, for a start.

5 minutes ago, Honest bunch of lads said:

MOTD commentator - "first time Villa have been 2-0 up this season". Villa 2-0 up away at Leicester earlier in the season (just off the top of my head). DAT BBC accuracy.

Id rather forget about that day and just say this was the first time we have been 2-0 up this season.