Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Norwich

limpid

1 hour ago, flashingqwerty said:

Just looked at our fixtures... its really over...

Liverpool (h) point

Stoke (a) point(s)

Everton (h)

Man City (a)

Spurs (h)

Swansea (a) point(s)

Chelsea (h) point

Bournemouth (h) point(s)

Man Utd (a)

Southampton (h)

Watford (a) point

Newcastle (h) point

Arsenal (a)

Cant realistically get enough points from that lot

6 wins, 2 draws and 5 losses would get us to 36pts.  All the bold are possible (if unlikely) wins IMO.  Beat the scousers and it's on.

# We still belive

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

Excellent win. The good thing is we won and kept a clean sheet with a injury crisis squad. The main thing is building confidence for next season even when we go down.

norwich are coming with us so who is taking final slot??

• Like 1

Fantastic feeling on a Saturday night when you win!  Said in pre match thread that it would be nice to be 2-0 up for a change but in all honestly I was still as nervous as if it were 0-0!   MOTM - Gana for me, must have covered every blade of grass today.  I was actually saying to the bloke next to me that perhaps we should replace Gabby just before he scored and funny how he looked so much more confident once he did. Norwich awful and surely going down. Finally, fitness permitting we have to keep the same back four until the end of the season. 

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Well done all of them, but particularly Garde.

The players look very fit, very committed, sure of their roles, and well organised.

He has also worked out our best 11, and 12-14 too.

From how we were, very good.

Yeah Garde gets more credit for today. we have certainly played better under him but him sorting out the side defensively provides the platform for us. baby steps still as norwich were poor but we protected our lead and saw out the game pretty comfortably.

Gana was good, Gil was good but attacking wise they weren't all on the same page for most of the game. the only good movement actually found and brought to a conclusion was the nice stuff on the left before the bacuna volley. green shoots though.

All we can ask is to go down fighting and save some dignity. losing Garde in the summer would be a near terminal kick in the bullocks.

• Like 1

Played well today.  Norwich were poor but job done.  

Norwich were poor because Norwich are poor, they will drop like a stone now.

We missed Ayew as expected and it wasn't a classic performance by any stretch of the imagination, but we deserved the result despite playing in a relatively low gear for us. We've played much better over the last few weeks.

1 loss in the last 5 and that one was a bit of an anomaly. Proper chuffed tonight.

• Like 1

For a while, we couldn't get out from the back - we were keeping possession well enough but not able to get at their back line. Without a big man to aim it at or someone who can run past people with the ball we looked very limited. Veretout struggles when asked to play on the left - probably because he's a right footed central midfielder - and we didn't have great width today. We'll need to carry more threat to succeed against better teams - part of that is Ayew, but it'll be interesting to see how Garde uses everyone to overcome that.

Funny isnt it.  We win with perhaps our poorest performance this season.

Maybe we have been going about this all wrong!

It wasn't even close to our poorest performance this season.

I doubt it makes the top 20

• Like 1