Jump to content
a-k

Keinan Davis

Recommended Posts

“I feel Jonathan Kodjia’s game is more suited to the Premier League than it was the Championship. I think he can be a big player for us this season."

“You only have to speak to our players to find out what they think of Keinan Davis. He bullies them in training. I had no qualms in keeping the both of them.” - Dean Smith

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2019/08/08/dean-smith-confident-in-aston-villas-firepower-after-quiet-deadline-day/

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Still young and learning and with our coaching staff he will get better and better.

He’s only a year younger than Wesley.

And older than Douglas Luiz.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

“You only have to speak to our players to find out what they think of Keinan Davis. He bullies them in training. I had no qualms in keeping the both of them.” - Dean Smith

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2019/08/08/dean-smith-confident-in-aston-villas-firepower-after-quiet-deadline-day/

Love this 

"Little" Key subbing in for Big Wes, taking up the bulling mantle in the closing moments of games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

"Destroyed"

You do have a way with words. 

How good do people think Premier League defenders are? I mean some of the are really good, granted, and no doubt it's a step up. But the deification of the Premier League is quite strange I think. 

Very good, it’s why they play in the best league in the world, the likes of Alderweirald and Van Dijk are 2 of the best defenders in the world I think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Very good, it’s why they play in the best league in the world, the likes of Alderweirald and Van Dijk are 2 of the best defenders in the world I think

Interestingly you didn't mention Wes Morgan or Gaetan Bong. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

"Destroyed"

You do have a way with words. 

How good do people think Premier League defenders are? I mean some of the are really good, granted, and no doubt it's a step up. But the deification of the Premier League is quite strange I think. 

I mean, Mustafi is still a thing. 

Some of the starting CBs in the PL for some perspective.

Craig Cathcart

James Tomkins

Ciaran Clark

Ben Gibson (who we've been slapping in the Champo the past couple of years)

Wes Morgan

etc etc.

Many of the bottom half teams skimp out on central defence I'm favour of attack and so Keinan won't be coming up against quality that much far ahead of the championship most of the time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Interestingly you didn't mention Wes Morgan or Gaetan Bong. 

Are you disagreeing with what I said here? They’re not 2 of the best in the world, that’s why in my opinion, do you think they are 2 of the best defenders in the world?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The little snippets I've seen of Keinan play, I've been very impressed. Seems to have some nifty moves but definitely has to improve the rate at which he hits the back of the net. Hopefully he proves Deano right.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hornso said:

The little snippets I've seen of Keinan play, I've been very impressed. Seems to have some nifty moves but definitely has to improve the rate at which he hits the back of the net. Hopefully he proves Deano right.

He’s not a bad finisher by any means, give him chances and he will score goals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s not a bad finisher by any means, give him chances and he will score goals

Sorry, in the first team, this has not been the case. He's spooned multiple chances that were really good opportunities to score.

Big fan of Davis regardless. Ideally needs one to fly in off his shin to kick start him in senior football, looks to me likes he thinks he's going to miss before he's taken a shot.

Hold up play for such a young player very good.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Are you disagreeing with what I said here? They’re not 2 of the best in the world, that’s why in my opinion, do you think they are 2 of the best defenders in the world?

Yeah Alderweireld so good nobody triggered the meagre £25m clause over the summer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Sorry, in the first team, this has not been the case. He's spooned multiple chances that were really good opportunities to score.

Big fan of Davis regardless. Ideally needs one to fly in off his shin to kick start him in senior football, looks to me likes he thinks he's going to miss before he's taken a shot.

Hold up play for such a young player very good.

Like you say his hold up play is very good. Personally I think it's the best I've seen of a Villa striker the last 30 years, maybe bar Heskey, but that's my opinion and I know it's a controversial one. 

He's finishing isn't quite there yet, and it probably will never be his best trait, but we all can name strikers that struggled getting the ball in the net for some time, then they had a bit of luck and with increased confidence they found the net more often. Lets take Harry Kane as an example. He was between 17-20 out on loan in league one and the championship, while playing regularly there he scored 14 goals in 53 matches over 3 seasons methinks. Now that's better than Davis have done even if Kane played some of it in league one, and Davis is a year older, but out of Davis's 30 outings for us he probably has most of them as a substitute (didn't find out the data). And Davis doesn't actually have to become as good as Harry Kane. If he becomes just half as good it's a success for us. Point being is that I think he might get there, but that's my personal opinion of it. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Davis will be back up to Wesley, with Kodjia as an X factor player to come off the bench when we need something different. 

But I wouldn't be surprised if Davis came in when Wesley is injured or otherwise missing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

Yeah Alderweireld so good nobody triggered the meagre £25m clause over the summer

Because of injury concerns? Would you care to name better defenders in the Premier Leagie other than Van Dijk or Alderweireld?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Because of injury concerns? Would you care to name better defenders in the Premier Leagie other than Van Dijk or Alderweireld?

Mings?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Sorry, in the first team, this has not been the case. He's spooned multiple chances that were really good opportunities to score.

Big fan of Davis regardless. Ideally needs one to fly in off his shin to kick start him in senior football, looks to me likes he thinks he's going to miss before he's taken a shot.

Hold up play for such a young player very good.

He scored twice for us under Bruce against Barnsley and I can’t remember who the one was against. He will score goals if he plays enough so think, the fact that he has been kept here supports that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chappy said:

Mings?

He’s very good but he’s not better than Van Dijk or Alderweireld for me, do you disagree?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Because of injury concerns? Would you care to name better defenders in the Premier Leagie other than Van Dijk or Alderweireld?

Why do I have to you said world class not prem class. Personally I have the latter about on a par with likes of Laporte, Maguire, Rudiger, Mina, all decent but nothing 'special'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LancsVillan said:

Why do I have to you said world class not prem class. Personally I have the latter about on a par with likes of Laporte, Maguire, Rudiger, that big lad at Everton, all decent but nothing 'special'

The big lad at Everton? Who do you mean? Keane? Mina?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â