Keinan Davis

a-k

18 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I met him last week through work. Lets put it this way, if his personality transfers over to his footballing skills, no wonder he is lazy. Needed some information from him, all I got were a grumbled few words while he was playing on his phone. Saw this guy in a completely different light. I guess he's got some skills, but as I have witnessed he came across pretty arrogant and I think that also shows on the pitch.

What do you do that you got to meet him?

I don't think he was any worse than others on the pitch. But he definitely isn't working as hard to press and rough up centre halves as he did earlier on in the season. 

Edit: still needs to play because Gabby and Hogan are both pointless.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, KJT123 said:

I can understand all of the other negativity around the forum, but i'm truly baffled at some of the posts in here. I thought he was really good again yesterday. It's obvious he isn't a goalscorer - he needs a striking partner as his ability to bring other players into the game is exceptional. 

He has much to learn.....to say he is not a goalscorer, is to let us all down lightly.....He won't survive at even this level with such limitation.

I agree he needs a player with guile next to him, but to survive by being a player that just brings other players in is naive.

We have a major problem up front and every where else actually, he has helped holding the ball up, but he struggles to win headers......I'm not sure what that suggests from a player, playing the no 9 role, sorry.

This is not meant to be a criticism of him, more a knock at the manager/ Club for not signing one.

18 hours ago, Eastie said:

Yes but the point being we are not playing to the strikers strengths whoever is up front .

No way should Davis start at Brentford after his display yesterday .

Davis whatever his strengths maybe is not a natural goal scorer or finisher and 12 games without a goal is not good enough at this level 

Every player we have someone says they need support......at that rate we need c 15 players out there.

Individuals are not showing enough in general imo.

Keinan Davis is not the problem.....but he's not the solution either.

• Like 2

I think we've seen enough this season to realise if Davis is playing well and on his game. We are a lot better as an attacking threat. 

If we can get a big strong striker in January it will massively help our chances of promotion. It's quite sad that this kind of player is so fundamental to us doing well. But that's the current situation. 

In fact I think we need more strength all over the pitch. We're bit of a lightweight team.

23 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think we've seen enough this season to realise if Davis is playing well and on his game. We are a lot better as an attacking threat. 

If we can get a big strong striker in January it will massively help our chances of promotion. It's quite sad that this kind of player is so fundamental to us doing well. But that's the current situation. 

In fact I think we need more strength all over the pitch. We're bit of a lightweight team.

I feel the same at Centre half.....Others have big 6'4 (dominating in the air) beasts.

for sure we have JT who is not particularly tall c6'1, but technically gifted......and Samba who does fit that......Chester is decent on the deck, but weak in the air for me, gets bullied a bit too easy for my liking, Elphick is error prone as is Jedinak in that position.

We are light up front too, Keinan is holding things together, but going for promotion, we need more experience there.

We do seem lightweight at times, but its not always to do with stature, attitude and application plays its part too.

On 12/24/2017 at 17:12, villianusa said:

We will see the best from him when players closest to him push on ten yards or so. He becomes isolated and I have said before he does his best work too far from goal. The closer he gets to goal, the more nervous he seems to get, which is understandable considering his experience.

He has a passing rate of over 80% according to stats, which I feel is more than adequate for the job he is doing.

We need to start hitting balls between the penalty spot and six yard line from out wide and let him attack them. He will score goals and also create, but the team needs to play to his strengths.

I am honestly not so sure......sure at the moment its all so disjointed,its hard to tell.

I think he is more likely to be another Heskey.

I think he has done a good job, in holding the ball up and he does bring the midfield in.....but its not enough, to get promotion.

Its not his fault, but we should not be having to RELY on him and we are.

He looks to me like he has lost that little bit of initial zest.....where he is being physically bullied too much, I am not sure, but his appetite seems to have dried up a little. His running off the ball in the box looks apologetic as opposed to a determined soul....his bit of aggression has been replaced by a tad of petulance and irritation almost as if ref's are not supporting him ( and he maybe right) bar from the penalty award.

Too much responsibility, I think is weighing him down.....its bad enough for an experienced player.

Woeful absolutely woeful. He has got worse since the season progressed. His finishing first touch are dreadful 

if you watch his aerial duels he loses them 8/10 which is poor. Really started to think he is another over hyped academy player. 

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Woeful absolutely woeful. He has got worse since the season progressed. His finishing first touch are dreadful 

if you watch his aerial duels he loses them 8/10 which is poor. Really started to think he is another over hyped academy player. 

He won 4/9 on Saturday when marked by 3 defenders and had 1 aerial duel tonight which was a hit and hope ball from Johnstone

Not many strikers could create chances from our play today, second half we was woeful. Our most dangerous play was on the edge of our own area and benefitted Brentford. 

Davies should not be blamed, he's far better than our tactical experts.

I don't blame him. He is 19. We are reliant on him because Bruce doesn't know how to play in a way that gets the best out of our most expensive striker in Hogan. We saw glimpses of it today with Grealish behind him. Once we see someone like Onomah playing in CM then we might see it some more.

He's had a couple of chances last 2 games where regardless of age or experience he really needed to get to them and bury them but hasn't really done enough for me. 

Â