Keinan Davis

a-k

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I met him last week through work. Lets put it this way, if his personality transfers over to his footballing skills, no wonder he is lazy. Needed some information from him, all I got were a grumbled few words while he was playing on his phone. Saw this guy in a completely different light. I guess he's got some skills, but as I have witnessed he came across pretty arrogant and I think that also shows on the pitch.

In every interview I've seen with him he comes across as - and I know this is going to sound mean, but there it is - deeply thick. 

That being said, I don't think it's particularly important in football. I doubt he's slacking off in training, I just think top half teams don't find him anything to worry about. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2017 at 13:34, Grasshopper said:

talk to me in a few games time when he either breaks down injured or is dropped because he‘s no longer effective in his play

2 games have since been and altough injured against Derby (not it would have made much difference) he didn't really pose much in tonight's game either.

Think it's time he's moved back to the reserves as he does not look good enough sadly in such a crucial season. - Yet everything is being pinned on him unfairly and correctly mentioned he is subconsciously being gradually hung out to dry by Bruce.

The list of Bruce **** ups continues to grow... this being no. 796

Its good to see our academy producing players for the first team again but with Davis, I don't expect to see him much as and when Bruce finally leaves. 

He is very much a Bruce type player. A grafter but with little talent and one dimensional. 

We have proven goal scorers at the club but the coaching/management cannot adapt to their strengths hence the continual use of Davis. 

I like Davis' enthusiasm and athleticism but he'll never be a 15-20+ goal scorer, which sadly for him is what a striker needs to be.

Isolated by the manager.

we need players in and around him, we need there to be less of a gap between him and midfield. His hold up and lay off play is great, but because we have a lot of space and our midfield is so deep, he is ineffective. 

Another player who will shine with a more proactive manager.

• Like 1

Blimey. Give the kid a break. He is 19 and has no previous experience of regular first team football at this level. If he hadn’t stepped up during this period, we would be in a much worse position than we are.

The manager is to blame for not signing a similar more experienced player when it was so obvious that we needed one! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Its good to see our academy producing players for the first team again but with Davis, I don't expect to see him much as and when Bruce finally leaves. 

He is very much a Bruce type player. A grafter but with little talent and one dimensional. 

We have proven goal scorers at the club but the coaching/management cannot adapt to their strengths hence the continual use of Davis. 

I like Davis' enthusiasm and athleticism but he'll never be a 15-20+ goal scorer, which sadly for him is what a striker needs to be.

He is not a grafter this is the problem. He expects the ball, never really see him fighting for it, although this is the problem with most of the players, We never seem to run into space.

Who saw Coutiniho's goal Friday the run into the box, you would never see that graft in this team. But that's down to the coaching I guess.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He is not a grafter this is the problem. He expects the ball, never really see him fighting for it, although this is the problem with most of the players, We never seem to run into space.

Who saw Coutiniho's goal Friday the run into the box, you would never see that graft in this team. But that's down to the coaching I guess.

Very well said......This team don't graft, its one of .......just one of our major problems.

They get here look round and think they have landed in the big time and the graft stops.

******* putrid.

• Like 1

Playing for a wretched manager.

However one concern I have is that now he has got his new contract he really doesn't look the same player, again, could be down to just a bad run of form from everyone, but it wouldn't be the first time a young player turns to shit after getting a good new deal (see the Moore brothers and Delfouneso).

4 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Blimey. Give the kid a break. He is 19 and has no previous experience of regular first team football at this level. If he hadn’t stepped up during this period, we would be in a much worse position than we are.

The manager is to blame for not signing a similar more experienced player when it was so obvious that we needed one! 

The last line is right.

I have very mixed feelings on Kiernan........I was brought up watching Andy Gray, Peter Withe.....Andy was only 19 when he arrived like thunderstorm and sustained it.

I understand your point and its right, but I have doubts, unless he can make improvement and he needs to, so many elements are missing, despite his presence....blimey he could learn a thing or 2 from Clayton Donaldson of how to work a centre Half and play on the shoulder.

Sadly, I think he is actually slightly worse now than when he first came in , that for me is not encouraging and its an observation as opposed to a criticism.

• Like 1

I can understand all of the other negativity around the forum, but i'm truly baffled at some of the posts in here. I thought he was really good again yesterday. It's obvious he isn't a goalscorer - he needs a striking partner as his ability to bring other players into the game is exceptional. 

5 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

I can understand all of the other negativity around the forum, but i'm truly baffled at some of the posts in here. I thought he was really good again yesterday. It's obvious he isn't a goalscorer - he needs a striking partner as his ability to bring other players into the game is exceptional. 

I thought he was dreadful but each to their own - I’ve been impressed with him often this season 

• Like 1

A club of our size, expectations and resources shouldn't be relying on a 19 year kid who was playing sunday league not long ago. Blame Bruce and his shitty coaching staff for failing to implement any kind of rhythm or fluidity to our football.

We should have built a system by now, and perhaps Davis could learn his trade slowly, featuring off the bench as most raw kids do.

...but he haven't and now Bruce is throwing him to the Wolves. **** cretin.

16 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I met him last week through work. Lets put it this way, if his personality transfers over to his footballing skills, no wonder he is lazy. Needed some information from him, all I got were a grumbled few words while he was playing on his phone. Saw this guy in a completely different light. I guess he's got some skills, but as I have witnessed he came across pretty arrogant and I think that also shows on the pitch.

I would believe that's pretty common of that generation...

• Like 1

Davis is struggling and not struggling he has been nothing short of woeful. He losing near enough all the aerial battles, his first touch is league two standard and he seems to be scared to have a shot.

i have seen enough to say that as a lone striker he is completely ineffective. He needs a second striker next to him. If he hasn't got that he adds very little as a attacking sense.

i also feel at times he doesn't show that much comitment when going for challenges. He is young and is learning but it's time he makes way for hogan. Hogan needs to be given a run none of this sub crap. 

We will see the best from him when players closest to him push on ten yards or so. He becomes isolated and I have said before he does his best work too far from goal. The closer he gets to goal, the more nervous he seems to get, which is understandable considering his experience.

He has a passing rate of over 80% according to stats, which I feel is more than adequate for the job he is doing.

We need to start hitting balls between the penalty spot and six yard line from out wide and let him attack them. He will score goals and also create, but the team needs to play to his strengths.

2 minutes ago, villianusa said:

We will see the best from him when players closest to him push on ten yards or so. He becomes isolated and I have said before he does his best work too far from goal. The closer he gets to goal, the more nervous he seems to get, which is understandable considering his experience.

He has a passing rate of over 80% according to stats, which I feel is more than adequate for the job he is doing.

We need to start hitting balls between the penalty spot and six yard line from out wide and let him attack them. He will score goals and also create, but the team needs to play to his strengths.

Similar could be said for hogan - I think hogan is more a natural finisher than Davis though .

27 minutes ago, villianusa said:

This is the Davis thread though right?

Yes but the point being we are not playing to the strikers strengths whoever is up front .

No way should Davis start at Brentford after his display yesterday .

Davis whatever his strengths maybe is not a natural goal scorer or finisher and 12 games without a goal is not good enough at this level 

Edited by Eastie

Â