Keinan Davis

a-k

First involvement he threw himself in to a lost ball with the keeper and I'm thinking yes keinan thats exactly what we need this half!!! 

Didn't do anything after that 

Last thing I saw of him was the city player chasing down a lost ball and preventing a throw in whilst keinan kind of jogged towards it lazily

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Did absolutely nothing.

He just is not goood enough at this level

All our players tonight are championship compared to Man. City.

Sunday's game will suit him more but I suspect he'll be back to unused sub unless we're losing and even then he'll get 15 minutes.

Difficult to judge him on this one really. Would still rather be play than Ross. Overall our work rate and movement off the ball is lazy af! Trouble is playing a team like Man City magnifies it ten fold. 

He is not a sole 9.  If he's going to play him it has to be in a two and he has to get Watkins close to him/playing off him.

I thought, when Barkley was coming on, he would replace BT - who was generally poor again - and we would be 3-1-2-1-2 with Ross central off Ollie and KD.  I didn't like the 3-4-2 with BT and Barkley as RM and LM and I don't think it played to our strengths. 

6 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

He is not a sole 9.  If he's going to play him it has to be in a two and he has to get Watkins close to him/playing off him.

I thought, when Barkley was coming on, he would replace BT - who was generally poor again - and we would be 3-1-2-1-2 with Ross central off Ollie and KD.  I didn't like the 3-4-2 with BT and Barkley as RM and LM and I don't think it played to our strengths. 

The rate we propose formations, we need to hire Erno Rubik.

You can point a turd in any direction and its still ****

On 12/04/2021 at 00:36, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't worry, knowing our luck, he will get thrown on ( Or start ), in an impossible match against City, where we lose, then get blamed for being shite.

Normal service resumes.

i drink someone GIF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

The rate we propose formations, we need to hire Erno Rubik.

You can point a turd in any direction and its still ****

I disagree.  I think you get the best out of players by playing them in a way that suits their game and matching XI players together that work with each other.

Davis is not a sole striker, just in the way that Emile Heskey wasn't.  Ross Barkley is not, for me, a LW/LM - he needs to be more central.

2 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I disagree.  I think you get the best out of players by playing them in a way that suits their game and matching XI players together that work with each other.

Davis is not a sole striker, just in the way that Emile Heskey wasn't.  Ross Barkley is not, for me, a LW/LM - he needs to be more central.

I still think TRO had a point though which you disagreed with.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I would say hypothetically you could switch the Man City line up around and they would still have won that game......there were things going on in that game, that spelled only one outcome.....no formation change from us would have had any impact.

Too many of our players simply didn't get to grips with the basics of the game, too slow in thought, too slow to react, we were beaten after we scored.....no ball retention and a failure to win it, unless it was deep in our own area.....we were on the ropes, most of the game.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

True, just one person gets excuses, whereas another gets heavily criticised on this website

I think we have a number of players, who are simply not producing the standard required.....but we all, have ones we see that are the worst offenders in our own eyes.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would say hypothetically you could switch the Man City line up around and they would still have won that game......there were things going on in that game, that spelled only one outcome.....no formation change from us would have had any impact.

Too many of our players simply didn't get to grips with the basics of the game, too slow in thought, too slow to react, we were beaten after we scored.....no ball retention and a failure to win it, unless it was deep in our own area.....we were on the ropes, most of the game.

Citeh are a fantastic side.  They should be - the owners have spent over a billion in the last 5 or 6 years or so and employed a fantastic manager.  Their players are all £50m + players and they are very interchangeable.  They will beat most sides in this league 9 times out of ten plus.

That's not an excuse for not optimising your chances of getting a result though is it? And to do that with a limited side, as we are at the minute, you have to set that side up in the optimal way.  I am not saying that, if we had set the side up how I stated we would have beaten them, I am just saying that I think we would have had a better chance of doing so.

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

True, just one person gets excuses, whereas another gets heavily criticised on this website

We have a lot of turds at the minute but they are our turds and we still have to pick the best turds and set them up in the optimal way to give them the best chance to succeed.

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think we have a number of players, who are simply not producing the standard required.....but we all, have ones we see that are the worst offenders in our own eyes.

Yeah I agree

7 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

We have a lot of turds at the minute but they are our turds and we still have to pick the best turds and set them up in the optimal way to give them the best chance to succeed.

I know what you are trying to say but I think you are clinging to a miracle when at the moment they are just a bunch of turds swimming around.  I think just something is missing over and above the quality we need to buy in the summer.  Confidence is down, form is down, probably knackered and injuries in there.  I think it’s more than a player being 10 metres in a different position than he current is.

I thought the win over Fulham would give a confidence boost but didn’t.  I still think things can change because I’ve seen too many teams change form dramatically that maybe in can happen to us.  A win sets us on a run or something.  A deflected goal, an undeserved victory.  Who knows!

Â