Keinan Davis

On 05/04/2021 at 12:57, nick76 said:

Still leaves 3 to 3.5 years to show us but cameos like yesterday are so rare with him.  Let’s assume that’s he’s somewhere in between what you think and I think.  If we are to stay at our level or hopefully step up a level then he’s not going to be good enough is he.  For the good of his career he needs regular first team football and even the most optimistic must know he’s not going to get that here.

I sometimes think I'm watching a different player. His cameo at Fulham for me is his normal cameo.  Everytime he's come on for 10 minutes here and there he's galvanised our forward play for me.  I don't recognise this player people described as his 'usual' which differs to what we saw.  The only difference was his good play actually led to a goal, it doesn't mean his good play hasn't been there before. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I sometimes think I'm watching a different player. His cameo at Fulham for me is his normal cameo.  Everytime he's come on for 10 minutes here and there he's galvanised our forward play for me.  I don't recognise this player people described as his 'usual' which differs to what we saw.  The only difference was his good play actually led to a goal, it doesn't mean his good play hasn't been there before. 

Always interesting to see/hear a different perspective, it’s part of what makes football great how we watch the same game/player and come away with very different views.

• Like 1
  • VT Supporter
18 hours ago, nick76 said:

Always interesting to see/hear a different perspective, it’s part of what makes football great how we watch the same game/player and come away with very different views.

I think there are so many different views/perspectives to have, hence we all choose the ones we do.

as an example.......I would choose a top class CDM as my priority signing, but I bet, I would be in the minority.....and I will be amazed, if we do.

• VT Supporter
16 hours ago, TRO said:

I think there are so many different views/perspectives to have, hence we all choose the ones we do.

as an example.......I would choose a top class CDM as my priority signing, but I bet, I would be in the minority.....and I will be amazed, if we do.

I'm torn. A CDM would hugely improve the first 11 but I think our biggest risk is not having cover for Watkins or the full backs.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I hope we get to see him feature again today against Liverpool and for longer than 10 minutes.

I'd start him if I'm honest, we have been a bit too predictable.

Pool wouldn't be expecting this and we could shellshock them.

4- 4 - 1 - 1 or 4 - 4 - 2

Davis in the supporting pocket.

• Like 1
  • VT Supporter
5 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I'm torn. A CDM would hugely improve the first 11 but I think our biggest risk is not having cover for Watkins or the full backs.

I agree.

but surely Kesler is coming through and could claim one of the full back covering positions and Guilbert hopefully comes back, with a better attitude.....We do need a another striker of a Jermaine Defoe type imo.......and we need to make a decision on the 3 wingers.

I make my choice because, I see Luiz and McGinn further forward, not out of the picture, so they will create competition further forward IMV...they have the guile to do that....I don't think they have the physical presence/ stature to dominate a CDM role.

I think a top CDM would add more balance to the side and I see it having a knock on effect to so many other players......we have offensive players looking over their shoulder so to speak....a top class enforcer, would reassure them, to concentrate forward.

Most attacks start from CDM's they win the ball and start the offensive, they turn the ball over.....they are crucial to every top team......at present, we win it too far back, too deep.

I see the CDM as a conductor in an orchestra, pulling all the strings, dominating midfield and adding the overall leadership to manage a game, he would be the controller, they are not eye candy, but durable individuals, who harbour consistency.......I see it as central to us moving up to higher ground..

Edited by TRO
  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd start him if I'm honest, we have been a bit too predictable.

Pool wouldn't be expecting this and we could shellshock them.

4- 4 - 1 - 1 or 4 - 4 - 2

Davis in the supporting pocket.

or 4-3-1-2....a version of 4-3-3.

Edited by TRO

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â